Unlock Bootloader OnePlus 6: In this article we are sharing a brief guide to unlock bootloader of OnePlus 6. It has been four years since the release of the very first OnePlus One, and this time around, the Chinese tech company has unveiled the 2018 flagship killer, the OnePlus 6, which succeeds the OnePlus 5T. Rooting OnePlus 6 would give you additional benefits like you can install special apps, Flash Custom ROMs & Custom Mods, you can streamline your phone performance and many extra features. The real performance of an Android smartphone can only be unlocked once it is rooted.
Unlocking the bootloader for the OnePlus 6 does not require any special code from OnePlus, but it does guarantee that your device warranty will be void. Either way, the ability to install a custom recovery such as TWRP and rooting the OnePlus 6 may as well be worth it for some users, so here’s how you can do it. unlock bootloader OnePlus 6 below.
How to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 6
It is adviced to take a complete backup of your device data ss everything on the device will be deleted in the bootloader unlock process.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging:
- Connect your phone to PC and open a command window on the PC.
- Reboot your OnePlus 6 into Bootloader/Fastboot mode by issuing the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
Check your phone’s screen, if it asks for “Allow USB debugging”, accept it.
- Once it is booted into Bootloader mode, issue the following command to finally unlock the bootloader on your OnePlus 6:
fastboot oem unlock
This will unlock the bootloader on your OnePlus 6 and also completely wipe your phone while doing that. So make sure you backup everything important on your device before unlocking the bootloader.
- Once the bootloader is unlocked, your OnePlus 6 will automatically reboot. In case it asks for bootloader unlock permission on the device, accept it. The device will be unlocked for bootloader now, and everything on the device will be deleted.
That’s all folks.
Your OnePlus 6 bootloader should be unlocked now and you can install/flash a custom recovery like TWRP on it.
So this is the complete guide for unlocking bootloader of OnePlus 6, if you have any queries regarding anything in this post let me know via comments, Please like our facebook or twitter pages for more similar or future updates.
- Here is another Flagship Killer from Oneplus [The Oneplus 5]
- Download Official TWRP 3.1.1 Recovery for OnePlus 5
- How to Root OnePlus 5 Using TWRP recovery