How to make free calls using Jiofi in 2G or 3G phones. Reliance Jio from Mukesh Ambany created a huge challenges in telecom industry. Reliance Jio started it’s services commercially on 5 September 2016 offering Unlimited 4GB fup data daily with free calls and sms services. Now Jio offering another free service to it’s customers called Happy New Year offer which provide Unlimited 1GB high speed data daily with free calls and sms. After 1 GB the speed will get cut to 128 kbps and will be renewed the next day.
Although all calls from Jio is free, many users who are using 2G or 3G smartphones were not able to use this offer as Jio only support LTE networks with voLTE facility. voLTE allows the facility to make calls using the existing data pack with no additional cost.
Jio4GVoice App (formerly JioJoin App) was introduced for users with 4G phone but without voLTE facility. So users can download this app from Playstore and can make calls using this app like the default calling app.
Jiofi is a wireless router from Jio that able to connect upto 31 devices. We can insert Jio sim into the device and can access internet on phones, tablets or in laptops. Jiofi has a battery capacity of 2600 mAh and allows about 5-6 hours of minimum usage.
How To Make Calls Using Jiofi With 2G or 3G phones
Many 2G or 3G phone users complaining about they cannot make calls using Jiofi even if they can access internet on their phone. So in this post i will share about How can you make calls using 2G, 3G phone and Jiofi.
- First of all you have to downloadand install Jio4GVoice app from Playstore to your phone.
- Now, while connected the Phone to Jiofi, open the Jio4GVoice app that just installed in your phone.
- Now, Tap on the option Configure Jio sim and Jiofi.
- Many users will get confused in this step (some users will not get any problem) as the App ask us to put the OTP number that you will recieve in your Alternate Mobile number.
If you have the Alternate number with you, you will recieve the OTP and can start using the services without any problem. But if you don’t have any Alternate mobile number with you, follow below steps,
- Download MyJio app from Playstore.
- You will be signed in automatically if you were connected to internet using jiofi if not, click on the option Manage your account.
- After login, click on the Menu icon from the top left to access all the services.
- Select settings
- Change ‘Settings‘ tab to ‘Personal Details‘ tab.
- From there you can view your details including Reg. Mobile Number and Alternate Contact Work
- Change the ‘Alternate Contact Work‘ number to any of your active number and Submit.
- That’s all, now you will receive OTP in your New Number and once you finished you can start the services.
Hope this post helps you to resolve the issue and hope you liked the post. Thank you for reading. 🙂
Redmi 4 & Redmi 4 Prime announced by smartphone leader xiaomi. Check Redmi 4 Prime device Full Specifications, Price & Reviews.