How to Flash Firmware LG Phones Before proceeding to the flashing guide hope you all downloaded the correct firmware for your device if you didn’t then click here to find all the LG Stock Firmware collection from this list of the supported smartphone. If you have downloaded then here I will guide you on How to install LG Stock firmware on your smartphone. The guide is simple and easy. All you need is to follow the steps properly. Read this Full Guide on How to Install Flash Firmware LG Phones.
Also read :-
- How to Flash Stock Firmware on LG Devices [Guide]
- How to Unlock Bootloader of LG G6 H870
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Honor 8
In this guide, you will be able to either downgrade or upgrade your LG smartphone. This guide will be helpful for people who are looking to repair (unbrick) their smartphone or you can also return to stock ROM from custom ROM. Download and install LG firmware from below. You may also find Samsung Galaxy J7 Series Firmware Files and Samsung Galaxy J5 Series Firmware Files Download.
How to Flash Firmware on LG Phones (.kdz)
Using Flashtool 2014
Download and setup LG Driver : Download_LG_Drivers
+ Download LG Flash Tool 2014 tool and extract: Download_FlashTool_2014.zip
+ Enter to Download Mode and plug USB into your PC
+ WARNING: Remember copy KDZ file into LG Flash Tool 2014 folder
+ Run LGFlashTool2014.exe and do as following pictures :
+ If you cannot run LGFlashTool2014.exe, please install: Visual C++ Runtime Library | Mirror
Normal Flash: Flash ROM without losing any data. Only use this when you need to fix system error. Beware of boot loop when flashing ROM that differs from current ROM on your phone or MOD ROM.
CSE Flash: Choose this option when you need a fresh format. All data will be gone. It’s suitable for upgrading or downgrading ROM or simply use this when you need to back to Stock.
Using LG UP Tool
- Firmware file for your device (.kdz)
- Download & install LG Phone Drivers
- Download Official LG UP Tool
- Download LGUP DLL File
- First of All, Install the DLL file, then install LGUP Software on your Computer.
- Run LGUP tool on your Computer.
- Connect your LG X Venture Device to your PC/Computer.
- LG X Venture (LGM710DS) will be listed on the screen of LGUP tool.
- Now Hit on the Upgrade option in LGUP and select the file’s path. Locate the KDZ file (M710ds10c_00_OPEN_CIS_DS_OP_0818.kdz) & select it.
- Click the Start button and the installation process will be started.
- Once the flashing process is completed, your device will restart.
- Unplug your phone, Done!!!
- You have successfully Installed the Official Firmware on your LG Phone.
Using LG Flashtool
- Unpack RAR, and Install both LG Flash Tool & LG Mobile, Drivers
- Take megalock.dll (From Here) and drop it in the flash tool directory [C:\LG\LGFlashTool] overwriting the file inside.
- Launch the program [First Time It Makes You Select A Mode Pick The Third] and click manually select dll.
- Select the dll included.
- Select the .kdz or .tot file included.
- At the bottom click Board DL, then click ok.
- Turn phone all the way off. Plug the USB cord into the phone, then into the computer as soon as you plug it in press Volume Up.
- Go to device manager [PC Application] and under com ports select the new LG device and double click.
- Click the tab Port Settings, click advanced. Click COM Port and set the port to 41. If already in use say ok anyway.
- In LG flash tool click the arrow in the top left corner to run the md5 check.
- It will finish and say ready. Hold the power button till black screen then hold Volume Up.
- After a few seconds, it will start flashing the device.
- When booting into Mini OS you’ll notice it is a menu. All you have to do is hold power and click Normal Boot then OK.
Using SP Flashtool – Smart Phone Flashtool – [Mediatek Only]
[*] How to Use: If you wish you can learn to use SP Flash Tool by following the step-by-step Guidelines on How to Use SP Flash Tool.
[*] Download Android CDC Driver: SP Flash Tool is best compatible with Android CDC Driver. If you want to use SP Flash Tool correctly then Download and Install Android CDC Driver on your Windows Computer.
[*] Download Android VCOM Driver: If Android CDC Driver didnt work for you then try Android VCOM Driver which also supports all the Mediatek Devices.
[*] Download Android Stock Firmware: You need a Mediatek device to flash ROM using SP Flashtool.
NB : First boot may take a while so be patient and let it boot.
You have just installed stock firmware! Now disconnect your LG device and power on the handset.
It will take some time for the first boot so, don’t worry if it takes a while, this is to be expected.
You can use the firmware for variety of purposes, which includes:
- Fix your LG Stylo 3 Plus firmware if it’s giving you force closes errors and restarts randomly.
- Unbrick your LG Stylo 3 Plus Firmware if it’s bootlooping and stuck at logo when restarting.
- Go Back to Stock on yourLG Stylo 3 Plus — helps when looking to sell the device, or fix installing OTA updates if broken.
- Restore LG Stylo 3 Plus to factory state i.e original state when you bought.
- Upgrade your LG Stylo 3 Plus Firmware to newer Android version.
- Downgrade your LG Stylo 3 Plus to lower build no. at same Android version.
- Unroot your LG Stylo 3 Plus.
- Remove custom recovery like TWRP and CWM, if installed.
To perform any of the above, simply install the firmware meant for your device, as per its model no. in Settings > About device.
Need help? Let us know if you need any help regarding this via comments below.
Related threads :-