How to flash firmware to LG Phones ? Before proceeding to the flashing guide hope you all downloaded the correct firmware for your device, if you didn’t then click here to find all the LG Stock Firmware collection from this list of supported smartphone. If you have downloaded then here i will guide you on How to install LG Stock firmware on your smartphone. Guide is simple and easy. All you need is to follow the steps properly. Read this Full Guide on How to Install Stock Firmware on LG Smartphone.
Also read :-
- How to Flash Stock Firmware on LG Devices [Guide]
- How to Unlock Bootloader of LG G6 H870
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Honor 8
In this guide you will be able to either downgrade or upgrade your LG smartphone. This guide will be helpful for people who are looking to repair (unbrick) their smartphone or you can also return to stock ROM from custom ROM. Download and install lg firmware from below.You may also find Samsung Galaxy J7 Series Firmware Files and Samsung Galaxy J5 Series Firmware Files Download.
How to Install Firmware file (.kdz)
Using LG Flashtool
- Unpack RAR, and Install both LG Flash Tool & LG Mobile Drivers
- Take megalock.dll (From Here) and drop it in the flash tool directory [C:\LG\LGFlashTool] overwriting the file inside.
- Launch the program [First Time It Makes You Select A Mode Pick The Third] and click manually select dll.
- Select the dll included.
- Select the .kdz or .tot file included.
- At the bottom click Board DL, then click ok.
- Turn phone all the way off. Plug usb cord into phone, then into computer as soon as you plug it in press Volume Up.
- Go to device manager [PC Application] and under com ports select the new lg device and double click.
- Click the tab Port Settings, click advanced. Click COM Port and set port to 41. If already in use say ok anyway.
- In lg flash tool click the arrow in the top left corner to run md5 check.
- It will finish and say ready. Hold the power button till black screen then hold Volume Up.
- After a few seconds it will start flashing the device.
- When booting into Mini OS you’ll notice it is a menu. All you have to do is hold power and click Normal Boot then OK.
Popular Posts :-
- How to Unlock Bootloader of Huawei Phones [Guide]
- How To Root Xiaomi Mi 6 and Install TWRP Recovery
- Unlock Redmi Phone using Mi Flash Unlock Tool
- TWRP Recovery – How to Install & Use It on Android
- How to Root Your Phone using SuperSU
Using LG UP Tool
Step 1 : Make sure to download .kdz firmware file and installed the necessary files mentioned such as LG Drivers & LG UPtool.
Step 2 : Install the LGUP .msi file on your computer.
Step 3 : Turn your phone off and then press and hold the Volume UP key.
Step 4 : While holding Volume Up key connect your phone to PC using a USB Cable.
Step 5 : Release the Volume UP key as soon as the phone goes into Download Mode.
Step 6 : Open LG UP software on your PC that you just installed and select Upgrade
Step 7 : Select your KDZ firmware file.
Step 8 : When it is loaded, click the start button and wait for the installation to complete.
Step 9 : Your phone will reboot automatically once the installation completes.
Using SP Flashtool [Smart Phone Flashtool – Mediatek Only]
Smart Phone Flash Tool (SP Flash Tool) Features
Flash Stock Rom:
It allows you to flash scatter based firmware on android device (MTK based). It also allows you to downgrade or upgrade your device firmware in few clicks.
It allows you to flash custom recovery to your MTK based device. Simply, add the scatter file in the SP Flash tool and locate the recovery.img image and flash it.
It allows users to check and verify the RAM on external memory and the NAND Flash on the device.
It allows users to read and write the parameter on device devices. For Example, users can easily read and write functions data for One time programming (OTP) area.
Format Device / Hard Reset:
It allows users to format Android Smartphone running on the MediaTek Chipset. Simply load the Scatter file and connect your smartphone to the computer and press on Format button.
Using Flashtool 2014
Download and setup LG Driver : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347802528
+ Download LG Flash Tool 2014 tool and extract : http://www.mediafire.com/download/fw…_Tool_2014.zip
+ Enter to Download Mode and plug USB into your PC
+ WARNING : Remember copy KDZ file into LG Flash Tool 2014 folder
+ Run LGFlashTool2014.exe and do as following pictures :
Normal Flash: Flash ROM without losing any data. Only use this when you need to fix system error. Beware of boot loop when flashing ROM that differ from current ROM on your phone or MOD ROM.
CSE Flash: Choose this option when you need a fresh format. All data will be gone. It’s suitable for upgrading or downgrading ROM or simply use this when you need to back to Stock.
NB : First boot may take a while so be patient and let it boot.
You have just installed stock firmware! Now disconnect your LG device and power on the handset.
It will take some time for the first boot so, don’t worry if it takes a while, this is to be expected.
You can use the firmware for variety of purposes, which includes:
- Fix your LG Stylo 3 Plus firmware if it’s giving you force closes errors and restarts randomly.
- Unbrick your LG Stylo 3 Plus Firmware if it’s bootlooping and stuck at logo when restarting.
- Go Back to Stock on yourLG Stylo 3 Plus — helps when looking to sell the device, or fix installing OTA updates if broken.
- Restore LG Stylo 3 Plus to factory state i.e original state when you bought.
- Upgrade your LG Stylo 3 Plus Firmware to newer Android version.
- Downgrade your LG Stylo 3 Plus to lower build no. at same Android version.
- Unroot your LG Stylo 3 Plus.
- Remove custom recovery like TWRP and CWM, if installed.
To perform any of the above, simply install the firmware meant for your device, as per its model no. in Settings > About device.
Need help? Let us know if you need any help regarding this via comments below.
Related threads :-