How To Root Oppo R1: Oppo R1 is with 5.0 inches Super PLS TFT capacitive touchscreen display powered by 1.3 GHz Quad-core processor along with 1 GB RAM and the device runs on Android V 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) operating system. If you are using this Smartphone and looking for a way to root it, you are in the right place as I have managed to share a step by step tutorial to root Oppo R1 here.
By following the rooting tutorial given here, you can be able to root Oppo R1 Smartphone and get the ability to install custom-built Android applications, custom-made recoveries (TWRP or CWM recovery), install custom ROM firmware’s, etc.
1) Although the rooting process given here is not a data-loss process, it won’t hurt to have a backup of personal data on your Smartphone. So, take a backup before getting started with the rooting tutorial.
2) Make sure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before getting started with the rooting procedure.
3) Now enable the USB Debugging Mode in your Smartphone by following this path: Settings ->Developer Options -> USB Debugging. If you can’t see the developer options in your device Settings, then enable it by following this path: Settings -> About Phone (tap on the Build Number for 5-7 times to enable it).
4) Next, Download Oppo R1 USB driver and install it on your computer so that you can connect your device to PC.
Once you have finished all these preliminary tasks, you can move forward to the rooting tutorial given below.
- How to Replace Kinguser with SuperSU in Any Android
- How To Root Micromax A111 Canvas Doodle Smartphone
- How To Root Sony Xperia L1 Android Smartphone
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
- How To Root Lenovo P8 Android Tablet
How to Root Oppo R1 Using iRoot:
(Developers Option is hidden for Android 4.2.2 or above, to unhide Go to Settings > About Phone > Built Number (Tap on it for 5-8 times).
Step 2: Download and install iRoot Application on your Windows Computer.
Step 3: Once iRoot Application is installed on your Computer, Open It.
Step 4: Once iRoot Application is launched, connect your Android device to the computer.
Make sure that you have enabled USB Debugging option under Developer Options before connecting your device
You need to install proper USB Drivers for your phone to be identified by iROOT Application, if you do not have or installed USB drivers on your PC, iROOT will automatically download and install for you.
Double check whether you have installed USB Drivers on your PC or Laptop as USB Drivers are important for the proper function of the phone.
- Xperia X Compact USB Driver Download
- Download Uniscope S980 USB Driver
- Download Xiaomi Redmi USB Drivers for Mi Phones
Step 5: Once Your Smartphone is connected successfully to the computer, iRoot will automatically detect your Smartphone.
Step 6: Now, Click on the “Root” button to begin the rooting process.
Step 7: Now, iRoot will automatically “Reboot” your Smartphone and install the SuperSU Application.
Step 8: Now your Android Device is Rooted. To check whether your phone is rooted correctly, open Applications Menu, there you will be able to see a new app installed, called SuperSU. If this app exists then it means you have successfully rooted your device.
Optionally – For confirmation, install Root Checker app in your device and confirm your device’s root privileges. If the root checker app returned similar screen from the below image then you have successfully rooted your phone.
So this is the complete guide for Rooting any Android device using iRoot, if you have any queries or encountered any issues while following this rooting tutorial, do let me know via comments. Please like our facebook or twitter pages for more similar or future updates.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, do let me know via comments.