Download and install Huawei G8/GX8 Firmware and updates. You need Huawei G8 Firmware file in order to upgrade or downgrade your Huawei Device. If you are wondering where to download them? You are at the right place.
Also read : Huawei Y6 Firmware [All Variants]
In this post, we have managed to share the official link to download Huawei G8 Stock Firmware file on your Computer. The firmware comes in a zip package, which may include Flash File, Flash Tool, USB Driver and you can find a guide on flashing firmware file.
- Sony Xperia XZ2 Firmware [SOV37, SO03K]
- Xiaomi Mi A2 Firmware [STOCK] [Mi 6X]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Firmware
- Download and Install LG K8 Firmware 2016 Edition
- Download and Install LG V30 and V30 Plus Firmware
- Device: Huawei G8 (Huawei GX8)
- Model: RIO-L01
- Android: v6.0.1 Marshmallow
- EMUI: 4.0
- Firmware: B340
- Build Number: RIO-L01C432B340
- Custom Number: CUSTC432D001
- Region: Europe
- Country: Lithuania
- Release Date: 17.05.2016
- Status: Official (stable)
- Type: Full firmware image
- File Name: Huawei_GX8_Firmware_RIO-L01_Android 6.0.1_EMUI 3.1_C432B340CUSTC432D001_Belgium_France_Germany_Italy_Portugal_Estonia_Latvia_Lithuania_Channel-Others.zip
Download Huawei G8 Firmware
- This Guide is only for Huawei users.
- Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
- Make sure that you have
latestUSB drivers installed
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
How to Install Stock Firmware on Huawei Devices
- Download stock firmware for your Huawei or Honor device.
- Download the HuRUpdater Tool: HuRUpdater_0.4.zip
- Connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Create a new folder (e.g. “firmware”) on the root of the SD card.
- Now, copy the downloaded stock firmware and HuRUpdater zip files to the created folder.
- [Optional] If you also want to preserve TWRP after the process, then also copy the TWRP recovery image for your device into this folder.
- Once copied, disconnect the phone.
- Now, boot your Huawei/Honor device into TWRP recovery. You will need to use your device-specific button combination for this. Alternatively, you can use the following ADB command:
adb reboot recovery
- In TWRP, tap on ‘Install‘.
- Navigate to the SD card and select the ‘HuRUpdater_0.4.zip‘ file.
- Finally, swipe the button to confirm and install stock firmware on Huawei/Honor devices.
Hold back until the process finishes. Once it does, press ‘Reboot System’ to boot your phone back into the stock firmware.
Method 2: Using dload
- Download the stock firmware for your Huawei device.
- Extract the ‘update.zip’ file on the PC to get the ‘update.app’ file.
- Create a new folder on the PC and name it “
dload“. Make sure all the letters are in lower case.
- Move the ‘update.app’ file to the ‘
dload‘ folder you created in the previous step.
- Next, connect your Huawei device to the PC using the USB cable.
- Copy the ‘dload’ folder to the root of the phone’s SD card.
- Once copied, disconnect the phone from the PC and power it off.
- Now, hold the Volume Up key and Power button simultaneously until the Huawei/Honor logo appears.
- Your phone will automatically begin to install stock firmware on Huawei/Honor device.
- Once the update process is complete, you will get a message that the update was successful and your phone reboot automatically.
First boot might take some time, may take upto 2-4 minutes or even more in some situations. So don’t panic if it takes a bit longer. Once your phone boots into the OS, you can follow the on-screen instructions and finish the setup.