If we ask a developer to choose a smartphone he likes, the choice would be Android. Because Android allows him to do any customizations he wants to add to his phone. Android is an open source project so developers can develop custom ROM of his/her own with the AOSP source code while, Apple phones can only develop by Apple developers and all above that Android is developed by the famous Google Inc. So that’s why Android became the most popular mobile os within these short period.
Also read :-
- How to Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers in Windows
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge (SD Variant)
For every Android user who loves modding and tweaking their device, who wants to try different firmware’s, root their phone, install a custom ROM and kernel’s, first they need to unlock their bootloader and install custom recovery and for that, they need to install ADB and fast boot drivers. And in this guide, we help you to install ADB and fast boot driver on Mac OS. You can also check for the guide to setup ADB & Fastboot in Windows.
Below is the detailed guide for installing ADB & Fastboot drivers for Mac. Read all the provided details step by step and its very easy. So let’s begin the guide for set up ADB and Fastboot Drivers on Mac.
How to Setup ADB Mac OS and Windows: –
Setting up ADB and Fastboot on Mac is as simple as in Windows. Since they both are part of the Android SDK package, all you need to do is download the kit (which is over 500 MB) and set up path variables, or you can use below methods to install ADB and fast boot driver on Mac OS. One of the first things to remember is to put your device in USB debugging mode. Without doing this, your system won’t recognize your device.
Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac
There are two best methods to install ADB and fast boot driver on Mac OS. First one is by passing a script in Terminal and the second one is by using Nexus Tool. So let’s begin with setup ADB and fast boot driver on Mac PC.
- Download Honor 5c B320 Nougat Update [India] [NEM-L22]
- Sony Xperia XA Ultra 7.0 Nougat Update Rolls Out
- Download Huawei P9 Lite B370 Nougat Update [UK EE]
- Download and Install B381 Nougat Update for Huawei P9 Lite [VNS-L22] [Israel]
Method 1: Passing a script in terminal
- Download the Android zip file and extract it on the desktop.
- Open Terminal on Mac PC by Pressing Command + Spacebar key combination to open Spotlight search and type ‘Terminal’ on that.
- Type ‘cd Desktop/Android’ on Terminal.
- Now select the file on Android folder, select file ADB-Install-Mac.sh file and drag it on Terminal and press Enter.
- Now, the file will be opened in mac terminal window and run the installer for ADB fastboot drivers on mac.
- It will ask for your password detail to proceed, enter your login password and it will install ADB and Fastboot on Mac OS.
- You can see a message on Terminal ‘You may now run Android and Debug Bridge and Fastboot Command’ means you successfully setup ADB and fastboot on Mac OS.
Method 2: Install ADB and Fast Boot with Nexus Tool
- This method developed by XDA member @corbin052198 that install ADB and fastboot on Mac OS and Linux by typing a single command on terminal.
- Now type or copy the quoted code and paste it on Terminal “bash <(curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/corbindavenport/nexus-tools/master/install.sh)“
- This command will setup ADB and Fastboot on Mac OS. According to the developer, this command also works on Linux and you can easily setup ADB and fastboot on Linux also.
- To uninstall ADB and fastboot from Mac type or copy the quoted code and paste “bash <(curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/corbindavenport/nexus-tools/master/uninstall.sh)“
- This command will uninstall ADB and Fastboot from Mac OS.
- To check ADB and Fastboot is correctly configured on your PC and type ‘adb devices’ on the terminal. It will show you the list of devices connected.
- You can also check by going to the location ‘/usr/bin ‘ and if you can found ADB and fastboot files their means you successfully setup ADB and Fastboot on Mac OS.
These are the easiest ways to install ADB and fastboot on Mac PC. You can also check how to setup ADB and Fastboot on Windows PC If you have any doubts, comment below.