Latest Lineage OS 15 ROM for Mi 6 is now available for download for Android. Now developers already started working on building a ROM based on Oreo and now the first Lineage OS 15 build for Mi 6 is available for download. Follow our guide to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Mi 6. Android 8 Oreo on Mi 6
XDA Senior member xiaobai112220 released the initial build of Lineage OS 15 ROM for Mi 6 and the ROM is stable enough to use as daily driver. The ROM comes with many Android Oreo features and may contain some bugs. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Mi 6 from below.
The ROM is an initial Android Oreo build for Mi 6 and missing many features but it’ll be improved with time, but the good news is you can experience Android Oreo on Mi 6. The Xiaomi Mi 6 Android Oreo ROM brings all Android Oreo features to your device. Download Android 8.0 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 6 from below and Update Mi 6 to Android Oreo manually. Install Android 8 Oreo on Mi 6
Android 8 Oreo on Mi 6
- Camera (Flashlight works)
- SELinux is permissive
- This ROM will only work on Mi 6.
- The ROM is an initial Oreo build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown.
Download Lineage OS 15 ROM for Mi 6
- Download LineageOS 15 ROM for Mi 6 – Download (Development Page)
- Lineage OS 15 Gapps For Mi 6 – Download
- Magisk for Mi 6 – Download
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Mi 6
- First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
- Download Andriod 8.0 ROM and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
This is the complete guide to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Mi 6. Let us know how’s your experience with Lineage OS 15 update for Mi 6 by comments below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.