Is your Samsung phone shutting off unexpectedly, crashing apps, or acting buggy? If you want to fix these problems, it may be time for a Samsung firmware update. For that you should have a tool called Odin.
What is Odin !
Flashtool is a tool developed by Androxyde for flashing Stock Firmware files (.ftf) to Sony Xperia devices and LG is also using a tool called LG UP to flash their .kdz firmware’s in their devices. Just like that Odin is a software developed by Samsung that leaked onto the internet a few years back. It lets you install firmware and future updates right onto your Galaxy smartphone.
[alert-warning]IMPORTANT NOTE! Odin is a very powerful tool and should be used very carefully. If Odin falls into the wrong hands or you aren’t careful, it can turn your phone into a very expensive paperweight. In techie terms it can “brick your phone,” essentially rendering it useless. Please make sure you’re careful when you use it.[/alert-warning]
Install Firmware in Samsung Phones Using Odin
How to Flash Firmware in Samsung devices
To use this method, you’ll need three things:
- Odin –flashing software tool for Samsung Android smartphones
- Flashable firmware – the latest Samsung firmware update for your device
- Samsung USB Drivers
Disclaimer: Installing Samsung firmware using Odin is not the official way to do it. This method is used only if you want to unroot or re-install an official firmware in case you’re using a Custom ROM. You should always be careful that the firmware you install is for your model precisely. We cannot be held responsible for any damage that your device might incur, so proceed at your own risk. If you need help or a second opinion.
How to Do a Samsung Firmware Update Using Odin: 15 super-easy steps
- Download Odin 3.12.3 (Older devices might have trouble using this version of Odin, sotry to use previous versions or comment below for suggestion)
- Extract the content from Odin to your computer.
- Download the latest firmware for your device.
- IMPORTANT! Samsung Kies is not compatible with Odin. You have to make sure that Kies is not running in your system tray. It is recommended to uninstall Kies before using ODIN.
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers.
- With the device turned off, press ‘Power+Volume Down+Home’ to enter Download Mode. (If this key combination doesn’t work, just Google ‘Device Name+Download Mode’).
- Connect your phone to your PC with the USB cable.
- Right click on Odin 3.12.3 and click on ‘run as administrator’.
- Make sure you’re looking at something like this:
- There is a section called ID:COM (on the left upper side of the window). The blank space underneath it will turn blue if your device is recognized. (If the phone is not recognized make sure you have installed the USB Drivers).
- Click on ‘AP’ and add the .tar.md5 file from the firmware archive.
- IMPORTANT! Do not place anything under the PIT section and make sure that “re-partition” is NOT checked. (On the left side you will see re-partition under the Option tab).
- When the firmware file is loaded, you can press START to being the installation.
- Don’t touch the USB cable while the firmware is being flashed.
- At the end you will see a message saying ‘PASS” on a green background. This means that the installation is done. The device should reboot and run on the new firmware.
Again, be extra careful when you navigate the Samsung firmware update process using Odin. Read the directions carefully before touching your phone.
NB : First boot may take a while so be patient and let it boot.
You have just installed stock firmware! Now disconnect your Samsung device and power on the handset.
It will take some time for the first boot so, don’t worry if it takes a while, this is to be expected.
Tags – Install Firmware in Samsung Phones, Install Firmware in Samsung Phones Download, Install Firmware in Samsung Phones Free, Install Firmware in Samsung Phones Free
- Download Huawei P9 Lite B370 Nougat Update [UK EE]
- Download and Install B381 Nougat Update for Huawei P9 Lite [VNS-L22] [Israel]
- How to Download and Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers in Windows
- Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool (All Versions)
- Download Huawei P9 B388 Nougat Update [Middle-East]
- Download Honor 8 B389 Android 7.0 Nougat Update [Europe]
- Redmi Note 4 Firmware Download All Locations [Stock]
- Download and Install LG K10 Firmware (2017)
- Download and Install LG K20 Plus Firmware
- Download and Install Stock Firmware on LG G6