The latest version of TWRP for Honor 9 is now available for download. Here we are sharing the easiest method to Install TWRP recovery and root Honor 9 Phones. This guide is divided into three parts first part will show you how to unlock the bootloader of Honor 9, and the second one will show you how to install TWRP on Honor 9, and the last one helps you to root your Honor 9.
If you are an Honor 9 user, then you can easily unlock bootloader, root and Install TWRP Recovery On Honor 9. If you already installed a custom recovery on Honor 9 then you can flash the latest version of the TWRP recovery to get more benefits. So here is the step by step guide to Unlock Bootloader. Read the below notes carefully before you Root Honor 9. Also, check the benefits of rooting from below.
- How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 4c [Lineage OS 15 ROM]
- Download and Install Lineage OS 14.1 on LG V20 [All Variants]
- Download and Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge
- The method only works on Honor 9.
- Rooting will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Honor 9 :
- Download ADB and fast boot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- TWRP Recovery for Honor 9 – Download (Rename it recovery.img and save it on ADB and fast boot folder)
- Download SuperSu to root Honor 9 or Magisk for Honor 9 and copy it to your phone sd card.
How to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Honor 9
How to Unlock Bootloader of Honor 9
To unlock Honor 9 bootloader first, you need to Request Unlock Code for Honor 9 and then follow simple ADB commands to unlock the bootloader of Honor 9.
How to Install TWRP on Honor 9
- First, enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-click anywhere in that folder.
- Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by press and hold Volume Down + power keys or by typing below command in cmd window adb reboot bootloader
- You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding. fastboot devices
- Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press Enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone. fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- With the above command, you installed the custom recovery on Honor 9.
- Now disconnect your phone and boot into Recovery mode by pressing and hold the Volume Up + Power Key and follow the below process to Root Honor 9 STF.
How to root Honor 9 phones
1) To Root Honor 9, first, download the SuperSu zip file from above.
2) Now save the SuperSu zip file to your phone.
3) Boot your device into Recovery mode (TWRP) by pressing ‘Volume Up + Power‘ button.
4) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to Root Honor 9.
5) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Honor Pro 8 and install TWRP successfully.
So this is the complete guide to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Honor 9. If you have any queries regarding this guide, then please comment below. You may also like our facebook and twitter pages to get more
Related threads :-