Many Android phones come packed with useless apps, pre-installed by the device’s manufacturer and cellular carrier. These applications are called bloatware, and bloatware is famous for slowing down the devices with the passage of time. This bloatware takes up valuable storage space, run automatically at startup and drain your phone battery by keep running the apps in the background. But you can easily debloat Android device by uninstalling Carrier/ OEM Bloatware on Android without root access.
Also read :-
- Download and Install Lineage OS 14.1 on LG V20 [All Variants]
- Download and Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge
Here we are sharing a brief guide on How to Remove Carrier/ OEM Bloatware on Android without Root Access. Manufacturers and carriers often load Android phones with their own apps. Many users consider OEM apps and carrier-installed apps as bloatware’s and uninstall them for a smooth Android experience. Most versions of Android allow you to get rid of Carrier/ OEM bloatware’s fairly easy and we share the easiest way to Remove OEM Bloatware on Android without Root Access.
If you try other methods to remove bloatware’s, you need root permissions to remove them. If you rooted your phone you can easily remove bloatware on Android phone by installing a custom ROM that doesn’t have any bloatware installed. But rooting will void phone warranty and many users not preferred that. That’s why we are sharing this guide to Remove OEM Bloatware on Android without Root Access.
- Uninstalling system applications can be very dangerous. If something goes wrong, your phone becoming unusable until you perform a factory reset.
- Take a complete backup of your phone for safer side and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown.
- Download and Install LG K10 Firmware (2017)
- Download and Install LG K20 Plus Firmware
- Download and Install Stock Firmware on LG G6
- Download Huawei P9 Lite B370 Nougat Update [UK EE]
How to Remove OEM Bloatware on Android without Root Access
- Enable USB debugging option from Setting > Developer Option
To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or for mac and install it on your PC.
- Now Connect your phone to Laptop/ PC
- On ADB and Fastboot folder, press shift+right click and click on open command window here.
- Now check your connection by typing the below command (if your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM)
If this is your first time running ADB, you will see a prompt on your phone asking you to authorize a connection with the computer. Grant it.
- Enter the following command
- Execute the below command to find package names.
pm list packages | grep '<OEM/Carrier/App Name>'
(Example -> pm list packages | grep 'OnePlus')
- Now you can see the list of all system apps. Now check the app and use the below command to uninstall OEM or Carrier apps from Android.
pm uninstall -k --user 0 <name of package>
(Example -> pm uninstall -k --user 0 net.oneplus.launcher)
- Done! Above step will Uninstall Carrier/OEM Bloatware from Android device.
Now you have finished removing bloatware on Android without root access. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.