Root Alcatel OT 997D: Alcatel OT 997D is a mid-range smartphone, which comes with a 4.3 inch TFT capacitive touchscreen display powered by 1.0 GHz Dual-core processor, along with a 1 GB RAM and it runs on Android v 4.0 (ICS) operating system. In this guide, we have managed to share steps for rooting Alcatel OT 997D. I have given a step by step tutorial to root Alcatel OT 997D without using a computer.
By rooting your Alcatel OT 997D Android smartphone, you will be able to uninstall the pre-installed applications which are just occupying the unwanted space, install custom-built applications (which only supports devices with root privileges), upgrade Android firmware version in your device by installing custom ROM firmware and do a lot more things.
WARNING: Rooting your Alcatel OT 997D smartphone will void its warranty, and you won’t be able to claim it unless you unroot your Android smartphone. So, think well about it before rooting your device.
1) The first task to do before rooting your smartphone is to take a complete backup of personal data like contacts, music, pictures, etc. Although the rooting procedure given here is not a data-loss process, take a backup using the appropriate app to be on the safer side.
2) Next, enable “Installation from Unknown Sources” in your smartphone for installing the “Framaroot” app (one-click rooting application). To enable the option, follow this path: Settings -> Security -> Device Administration -> Unknown sources (just tap on it).
3) Make sure that your smartphone has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before getting started with the rooting procedure. Also, make sure that you uninstall or deactivate antivirus applications on your smartphone as they tend to disrupt the rooting procedure.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the rooting tutorial given below.
How to Root Alcatel OT 997D Without PC
1) To get started, Download Framaroot app to your device. Once downloaded, install it on your smartphone by clicking on the .apk file. While doing so, you will get an Android security warning message. Just ignore it and install the app on your smartphone.
2) Once installed, launch the application on your device by clicking on its icon under your smartphone’s Apps Menu.
3) Now, select “Install Superuser” under “Select an action to execute after root“. Next, click on “Gandalf” under “Select an exploit in list above to potentially root your device” to begin the rooting process.
4) Framaroot will take a minute or two to root your device, and once the rooting process is finished, you will get the following message: Success. Superuser and SU binary installed. You have to reboot your device.
5) Now, reboot your device to finish the rooting procedure.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting your Alcatel OT 997D. For confirmation, install “Root Checker for Android” app and confirm your device’s root privileges.
Related threads :