The latest version of TWRP 184.108.40.206 for Honor 8 is now available. You can download the recovery from below and flash it via fast boot. Today we explain to you how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Honor 8. TWRP recovery got updated with material designed to TWRP 3.0.0. That means you can install the latest TWRP 3.0.0 on Honor 8. The new update of TWRP 3.0.0 has a whole new look, true terminal emulator, support Android 6.0 and now you can flash image files also. Follow this guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery Honor 8.
Also read :-
- Samsung Galaxy J1 Series Firmware Download
- Sony Xperia XA1 Plus Firmware
- Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact Firmware G8441
- Sony Xperia L1 Firmware G3311, G3312, G3313
- Sony Xperia XZs Firmware G8231, G8232
If you are an Honor 8 user, then you can root and Install TWRP Recovery. And if you already install custom recovery on Honor 8 then you can flash the latest Official version of the TWRP recovery to get more benefits. Read the below note carefully before you Install TWRP Recovery Honor 8. Also, check the benefits of rooting from below.
TWRP Recovery Honor 8
Benefits of Rooting
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
Note Well :-
- You need to unlock bootloader of Honor 8 first. (Check how to unlock bootloader of Honor 8)
- Rooting will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Honor 8
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download TWRP 3.0 Recovery for Honor 8.
- Download SuperSu to root Huawei Honor 8 and copy it to your phone sd card.
How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Honor 8
1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlocking’ option from Settings > Developer Options >
To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times, click here for guide.
Install the ADB and fastboot driver for windows and then restart if you already have the driver installed then skip this step.
Copy the downloaded TWRP recovery file in ADB and Fastboot folder and rename it as ‘recovery.img‘ then copy the SuperSu file on your phone memory or SD card.
Now go to ADB and Fastboot installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window there by pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-click anywhere in that folder.
Choose ‘Open command window here’ option from the list
Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing
adb reboot bootloader
in command prompt and hit enter, it gives you serial numbers in return means your phone connect properly.
Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
With above command, you installed the custom recovery on Honor 8. To restart the system type
Root Honor 8
1) To Root Honor 8, first, download the SuperSu zip file from above.
2) Now save the SuperSu zip file to your phone.
3) Boot your device into Recovery mode (TWRP) by pressing ‘Volume Down + Power‘ button.
4) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Huawei Honor 8.
5) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Honor 8 and install custom recovery on Honor 8 successfully.
So this is the complete guide of how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery with easy steps. If you have any questions or queries, then comment below.