Root Lenovo K3 – I find it to be a burdensome task for rooting Lenovo K3 Note smartphone. I began rooting Lenovo K3 Note like my other android phones but the things won’t go correctly. After my trial, my phone got a boot loop that prevents the phone from booting to the system. I needed to flash the stock firmware again for the second try. I flashed stock ROM, again and again, and I cannot find any positive result rather than a boot loop.
Also read: Repair phone IMEI using TWRP recovery
Since I love the standard rooting method I’m not a big fan of One Click Root apps. I Installed TWRP recovery and flashed the SuperSu Zip file. And, as expected by me it went into a boot loop. By the way, I had taken a full Nandroid Backup of the Stock Firmware using TWRP.
So, the problem was with the boot settings of the phone. It had to be fixed to root. Emptywordsss provided both the patched boot image file and superSU 2.46 zip file for download. SuperSu 2.46 and above can root Marshmallow powered phones.
Steps to Root Lenovo K3 Note
This is similar to all the methods we use for rooting purposes, anyway, I’m starting from Scratch so if you are a beginner you will catch it very quickly. So Follow this guide carefully and you will able to root your device quickly and securely.
At first, we need to check ‘Enable OEM Unlock‘ option under Developer Options for flashing TWRP recovery. Now download all the files given below
Required Files for Rooting:
Now we need to flash TWRP recovery in your phone, and the guide is given below.
- Download MIUI 10.1.3.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 5
- Download OxygenOS 9.0.11 for OnePlus 6T (Full ROM+OTA)
- Download V184.108.40.206 ODIMIFE Security Patch for Xiaomi Mi A2 [OTA/Fastboot]
How to flash TWRP recovery on Lenovo K3 Note
First, get your PC ready:
- Download and Install “LenovoUsbDriver_v1.1.13.exe“, then Restart pc.
- Download and extract “SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1452.00.000.zip” using Winrar
- Open SP Flash Tool (Double click on flash_tool.exe from inside the SP Flash Tool folder)
- Go to Options > Option… > Download > Tick “DA DL All with Checksum” > Close the options box
- Close SP Flash Tool
Now, the flashing part:
- Download and Extract “TWRP_v3.0.0-3_for_SP_Flash_Tool.zip“
- Open SP Flash Tool, and From “Download” Tab click on “Scatter-Loading“
- Browse the TWRP v3.0.0-3 folder and select the “MT6752_Android_scatter.txt” file > Ok
- Click on the “Download” icon
- Now Completely turn off your phone (BUT DO NOT REMOVE BATTERY) and connect it to PC using the USB cable.
- Wait till the Process completes and a “Download ok” box will appear with a green tick. Disconnect the phone from the cable.
Now press and hold VolumeUp+VolumeDown+PowerButton all three buttons together until you see the “TWRP” logo.
The phone will boot into custom recovery you just installed and next, we need to root Lenovo K3 Note phone.
How to Root Lenovo K3 Note Android Phone
We need to install the patched boot image. Tap on Install and the next screen select Install Image from the bottom menu button.
Next, navigate to the boot.img file you placed in your phone’s storage and select it. Then select Boot as the option and install it. Swipe to install it.
Don’t reboot after install. Next, install the SuperSu zip file. Perform the same steps but this time, choose Install Zip from the bottom menu button.
Navigate to the zip file and install it, swipe to install it. It should successfully flash the zip. Now hit on Reboot System.
Install a root checker app and see if it’s rooted. If you have the SuperSu app installed then it’s definitely rooted.