Here is the guide for install TWRP recovery and root your Oneplus 5. OnePlus 5 is the latest flagship device from the trend smartphone maker OnePlus communications. If you bought the phone and looking for rooting your phone then, by following below guide you can install TWRP recovery and root your Oneplus 5 easily.
Also read :-
OnePlus 5 is the company’s latest device to date. One plus 5 comes with Octa-core Snapdragon 835 processor powered with a 6 or 8 GB of memory and 64 or 128 GB of internal storage respectively. The phone has started selling via Amazon.in India. One of the main features of the phone is it’s Dual Camera setup. The 64 GB version will available for around 32999/- while the 128 GB variant costs around 37999/-.
You need to install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5 and then flash SuperSu to Root OnePlus 5. Recently, TWRP recovery got updated with material designed to TWRP 3.1.0. so you can install the latest TWRP 3.1.0 on OnePlus 5. Thanks to the XDA Senior Member xdvs23 who share the unofficial TWRP for OnePlus 5. So here is the step by step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5.
Disclaimer: Follow the below steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We cannot be held responsible for any damage that your device might incur, so proceed at your own risk. If you need help or a second opinion, please contact us or use the comment form below. Before start, anything stays calm and read all the notes provided below.
Benefits of rooting :-
- You can uninstall bloat wares (Pre-installed Apps)
- You can install custom ROM’s or kernels for faster and better performance.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- How to Flash the TWRP Recovery to Android Device
- Samsung Firmware Country Codes
- How to Enable USB Debugging & Unknown Sources Options in Your Phone
- Disable Driver Signature Verification In Windows 8, 8.1 & 10 for Installing Drivers
- [FIX] Jiofi 3 Red Color Blinking Problem Reset
- First you need to Unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 5, How to unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 5
- You should take a full backup of your phone before proceeding further.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged.
- Ensure you have installed phone/ usb drivers.
Files required to Root and Install TWRP
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 5 (Rename it to recovery.img and save it on ADB and fast boot folder)
- no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip for OnePlus 5 – Download
- Download SuperSu to root OnePlus 5 and copy it to your phone sd card
How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 5
Step 1: Developer Options
Enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock option
To enable Developer Options, go to Settings > About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
Step 2: Install ADB & Fastboot
Install the ADB and fastboot driver for windows and then restart if you already have the driver installed then skip this step.
Step 3: Browse ADB directory
Now go to ADB and Fastboot installation directory open ADB folder (usually C:\adb) and open the command window there by pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
Choose ‘Open command window here’ option from the list
Now check, if the connection with your phone is successful by typing,
You should receive a string like character that shown in the image above, if not (try switching USB mode from Charging to MTP or PTP.)
Step 4: Reboot into bootloader
Now reboot the device into bootloader mode by typing below code.
adb reboot bootloader
Once your device boot into the bootloader mode type the below command
If you received <waiting for device> message, it’s because you have not properly installed the usb drivers for your phone. Check this guide for properly installing drivers on Windows 8, 8.1 & 10.
Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It will install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 5
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Don’t forget to rename downloaded recovery file to recovery.img
Now boot into recovery by using the Power+Volume Down button or use the below command.
fastboot boot recovery.img
Now your phone will boot into the custom TWRP recovery that just flashed. Complete the following operations using TWRP recovery without leaving.
How to Root OnePlus 5
With above command your phone will boot into the recovery mode. Now select your preferred Language and set it to what you want, tap “Never show this screen on boot again”, and Swipe allow modification.
From the main menu navigate to Install Zip and select ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip’.
(If internal memory does not show up then Go to “Wipe” section and tap “Format Data”, and type “yes”)
Swipe to flash no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip and after that flash SuperSu. That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Oneplus 5. If you have any queries, then comment below.