Root Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo: Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo is a top end smartphone, which comes out with 5.1 inches Super AMOLED touchscreen display powered by 1.6 GHz Octa-core processor along with with 2 GB RAM and it runs on Android V 7.0 (Nougat) operating system. In this guide, we have managed to share steps for rooting Alcatel OT 997D. I have given a step by step tutorial to root Alcatel OT 997D without using a computer. Root Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo
By rooting your Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo Android smartphone, you will be able to uninstall the pre-installed applications which are just occupying the unwanted space, install custom-built applications (which only supports devices with root privileges), upgrade Android firmware version in your device by installing custom ROM firmware and do a lot more things.
WARNING: Rooting your Samsung device will void its warranty. Also, rooting might sometimes result in a bricked device. So, if your device gets into trouble while following this tutorial, do not hold me liable. Please proceed at your OWN risk.
1) The first task to do before rooting your smartphone is to take a complete backup of personal data like contacts, music, pictures, etc. Although the rooting procedure given here is not a data-loss process, take a backup using the appropriate app to be on the safer side.
2) Next, download Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo USB driver and install it on your computer. Only by installing the USB driver on your device, you will be able to connect the smartphone to the computer.
3) Now, enable “Developer Options” in your device by following this path: Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number (tap on it for 7 times). Once done, enable USB debugging mode by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging.
4) Next, ensure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before getting started with the rooting procedure as it is a battery-consuming one.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the rooting tutorial given below.
- How To Root Sony Xperia Z3 [Guide]
- How to Root Android Without Computer
- How to Root Android Phone with KingoRoot (PC Version)
- How To Root Xiaomi Mi A1 Android Smartphone
How to Flash TWRP In Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo:
2) Next, switch off your smartphone and boot into the download / bootloader mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down, Power and Home buttons simultaneously.
3) Once your device boots into the download mode, connect it to your computer using the original USB data cable. If you have installed the USB drivers of Galaxy C7 in your computer properly, Odin will automatically identify your device, and you will see a “Added” message in its Logs. Also, the ID:COM will turn to “Blue” color.
4) Now, click on the “AP” button in Odin window and select the twrp-126.96.36.199-j2lte.img.tar file.
5) Next, click on the “Start” button to launch the flashing process (which will take a minute or two to get completed). Once the flashing process is finished, you will get a “PASS” message in the Odin. Your device will also get rebooted.
6) Now, unplug your smartphone from the computer.
That’s it. Now, you have successfully finished flashing TWRP recovery in Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo smartphone. Let’s find out how you can root your device.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo:
1) To get started, download SuperSU and save it on your computer. Once done, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable and transfer the SuperSU file to its internal memory. After successfully transferring the file, unplug your device from the computer.
2) Now, boot your device into the TWRP recovery by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Power and Home Buttons simultaneously.
3) Once your device boots into the TWRP recovery mode, click on “Install” and select the SuperSU file in your device’s internal memory to launch the flashing process.
4) Once the flashing process is finished, reboot your smartphone.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished root Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo Android smartphone. To confirm the root privileges of your smartphone, use the Root Checker for Android app from Google Play Store.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting and recovery installation tutorials or have any queries regarding this post, do let me know via comments.