Good news for Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ users latest TWRP Recovery 3.1.0 for Galaxy S8 and S8+ is now available for download with that you can easily root Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+. The phone is already available in the market and if you want to root Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ then we will help you to get done. Here we share the easiest step by step process to Install TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+. First, you need to install TWRP Recovery and then flash Magisk to Root Galaxy S8 and S8+. Follow this guide to Install TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+.
Also read :-
- Download and Install Stock Firmware on LG G6
- Download Huawei P9 Lite B370 Nougat Update [UK EE]
- Install B381 Nougat Huawei P9 Lite [VNS-L22] [Israel]
- Download Huawei P9 B388 Nougat Update [Middle-East]
If you are a Galaxy S8 and S8+ user, then you can Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+. Thanks to developer jesec, who provide the unofficial TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ with that you can easily root and install TWRP recovery on Galaxy S8 and S8+. Read the below note carefully before you Install TWRP Recovery and Root Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+.
Benefits of rooting –
- You can install custom ROM or kernel on your device for faster performance.
- You can install the Xposed Framework to customize your device
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device.
- The process will erase all your personal data including internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown.
- Sony Xperia C4 Firmware E5303, E5306, E5353 (Single SIM)
- Sony Xperia Z3+ Firmware E6553
- Sony Xperia E4g Firmware E2003
- Sony Xperia E4g Dual Firmware E2033 & E2043
- Sony Xperia E4 Firmware E2104, E2105
Files required to Root Galaxy S8 and S8+
- Download Latest Odin Tool on your PC.
- Download and install Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ USB Drivers.
- Download disable dm-verity zip: no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip
- Latest Magisk: Magisk-v12.0.zip
- TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S8 & Galaxy S8 Plus from below :
- TWRP recovery for Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus (Snapdragon Variants)
- TWRP recovery for Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus (Exynos Variants)
How to Install TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+
Install TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ (Exynos)
- Download the TWRP recovery image from above, according to your device.
- Copy no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip and Magisk-v12.0.zip files to your phone’s external storage (microSD card). In case you are not using a memory card, you can copy these 2 files to your Galaxy S8 later.
- Unzip the ODIN zip file and open the extracted folder.
- Double-click the Odin3.exe file to launch ODIN.
- Now switch off your device.
- Press and hold Bixby + Volume down buttons and then press the Power button.
- The phone will boot into download mode quite quickly.
- When in Download mode, connect your phone to the PC with a USB cable.
- If you have the drivers installed, your device should be detected, and you should see Added!! in the ODIN Log box.
- Along with that, the ID:COM port should be highlighted in blue.
- Now click on the AP tab in the ODIN window and select the TWRP recovery.tar file that you downloaded for your device.
- Click the Options tab on Odin and uncheck the Auto Reboot option.
- Now click on Start and wait for the TWRP installation process to finish.
- If the flashing completes successfully, you will see the box above the ID:COM port light up green with a PASS message.
- You can now disconnect the USB cable.
- Having installed TWRP, it is time to root your Galaxy S8 by flashing the latest Magisk via recovery. Therefore, you need to boot your phone into the recovery mode. Now press and hold the Volume Down + Bixby + Power buttons at the same time and immediately swap to Volume Up as soon as the screen goes blank/black while still pressing the Home and Power keys. Keep the 3 keys pressed until you get into TWRP Recovery.
- Select Keep /system RO. Tap Wipe > Format Data and type “yes”.
- Then go to Reboot > Recovery.
- Tap the Install button in TWRP, navigate to the location where you copied the no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip and select it. Swipe the installation confirmation slider when prompted. (If you copied the file to the internal storage, you won’t find these files because you’ve already wiped your phone’s data. So, connect your S8 to the computer and copy the no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip and Magisk-v12.0.zip files to the device).
- Now go back to the main menu in TWRP and select Reboot > Recovery.
- When the device reboots into TWRP, tap the Install option, navigate to the Magisk-v12.0.zip and install it.
- Magisk will now be installed on your device and it will be rooted the next time you boot it up.
- When the flashing is complete, tap Reboot > system.
Congratulations! Your new Samsung Galaxy S8 is now out of warranty… err… rooted. Open Magisk to verify if your phone has been properly rooted or not.
This is the complete guide to Install TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+. If you have any questions, then comment below.p