Root Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus: Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, which comes out with 6.2 inches Super AMOLED touchscreen display powered by 2.7 GHz Octa-core processor along with 6 GB RAM and it runs on Android V 8.0 (Oreo) operating system. I have managed to share a brief simple guide on rooting Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus android smartphone.
Also read : How to Enable Developer Options in Android
You have to flash TWRP recovery on your phone in order to root Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. Just by following the tutorial given here, you will be able to root Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus smartphone by flashing TWRP recovery in it. Once you have gained root privileges on your device, you will be able to install custom ROM firmware’s (which are using the latest Android versions), custom-built Android applications, etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Samsung device will void its warranty. Also, rooting might sometimes result in a bricked device. So, if your device gets into trouble while following this tutorial, do not hold me liable. Please proceed at your OWN risk.
1) To get started, take a complete backup of personal data on your smartphone using appropriate apps. We will use this backup to restore your personal data if your device gets corrupted during the rooting process.
2) Next, Download Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus USB driver and install it on your computer. Only by installing the USB driver on your device, you will be able to connect the smartphone to the computer.
3) Now, enable “Developer Options” in your device by following this path: Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number (tap on it for 7 times). Once done, enable USB debugging mode by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging.
4) Next, ensure that your device has at least 50-60% battery backup in it before getting started with the rooting procedure as it is a battery-consuming one.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move forward with the rooting tutorial given below.
- Download and Install Firmware in Samsung Phones Using Odin
- How to Install Firmware on Sony Xperia Phones
- How to Unlock Bootloader of LG G6 H870
How to Flash TWRP Recovery In Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus:
2) Next, switch off your smartphone and boot into the download / bootloader mode by
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9+
- Press and hold Volume Down and Bixby keys and then press Power key.
- You will be shown the Samsung logo followed by a warning screen almost instantly – you can let go of all three keys now.
- Press Volume Up to keep going.
- That’s it. You are now into Galaxy S9 Download Mode.
3) Once your device boots into the download mode, connect it to your computer using the original USB data cable. If you have installed the USB drivers of Galaxy C7 in your computer properly, Odin will automatically identify your device, and you will see an “Added” message in its Logs. Also, the ID:COM will turn to “Blue” color.
4) Now, click on the “AP” button in Odin window and select the twrp-126.96.36.199-j2lte.img.tar file.
5) Next, click on the “Start” button to launch the flashing process (which will take a minute or two to get completed). Once the flashing process is finished, you will get a “PASS” message in the Odin. Your device will also get rebooted.
6) Now, unplug your smartphone from the computer.
That’s it. Now, you have successfully finished flashing TWRP recovery in Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus smartphone. Let’s find out how you can root your device.
- How to Install Stock ROM on BLU Vivo Air D980L [GUIDE]
- How to Replace Kinguser with SuperSU in Any Android
- How To Root Micromax A111 Canvas Doodle Smartphone
- How To Root Sony Xperia L1 Android Smartphone
Tutorial To Root Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus:
1) To get started, Download SuperSU and save it on your computer. Once done, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable and transfer the SuperSU file to its internal memory. After successfully transferring the file, unplug your device from the computer.
2) Now, boot your device into the TWRP recovery by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Power and Home Buttons simultaneously.
3) Once your device boots into the TWRP recovery mode, click on “Install” and select the SuperSU file in your device’s internal memory to launch the flashing process.
4) Once the flashing process is finished, reboot your smartphone.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting your Lenovo P8 Android Smartphone. For confirmation, install “Root Checker for Android” app and confirm your device’s root privileges.
If you encounter any issues while following this rooting and recovery installation tutorials, do let me know via comments.
Related threads :