How To Root Sony Xperia Z3: Sony Xperia Z3 is a high-quality Android smartphone, which comes with a 5.2-inch touchscreen display, powered by 2.5 GHz Quad-core processor along with 3 GB RAM and the device runs on Android v 6.0 (Marshmallow) operating system. If you are using this smartphone and looking for a way to root it, you are in the right place as I have given a tutorial to root Sony Xperia Z3 here. How To Root Sony Xperia Z3
Check Out : Download and Install LG K4 (2017) Firmware
Following guide is for rooting Sony Xperia Z3 smartphone without a computer. Once the device is rooted, you can be able to install custom recoveries, remove unwanted pre-installed applications, install custom-built Android apps, etc.
WARNING: Rooting your Sony Xperia Z3 smartphone will null its warranty, and you won’t be able to claim it until you unroot your device. So, think well about this before getting started with the rooting procedure.
1) The rooting procedure given here is not a data-loss process, but it is safe to take a complete backup of your personal data on your smartphone. So, take it using appropriate apps.
2) Make sure that your smartphone has at least 50-60% of battery backup.
3) Now, enable “Unknown Sources” by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Unknown Sources. Only by enabling this option, your device will allow installation of apps from unknown sources.
After finishing all these prerequisites above, you can move forward to the rooting tutorial given below.
- How to Install Firmware on Sony Xperia Phones
- How to Unlock Bootloader of LG G6 H870
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Honor 8
How To Root Sony Xperia Z3:
Before jumping into the rooting process, please make sure you get everything right beforehand.
- Device powered on.
- At least 40% battery level.
- Internet connection necessary (Wi-Fi network suggested).
- Allow installation of apps from unknown sources. Settings > Security > Unknown Sources
Root Android via KingoRoot APK Without PC Step by Step
Step 1: Free download KingoRoot.apk.
The download will be automatically started. If Chrome has warned you about KingoRoot.apk, click “OK” to proceed.
If you are using PC to view this tutorial.
- You can use the PC Version of KingoRoot Android (PC Version), which has a higher success rate due to technical reasons.
Step 2: Install KingoRoot.apk on your device.
If you didn’t check “Unknown Sources” in Settings > Security, then during installation, you will get a prompt “Install blocked“, stating that “For security, your phone is set to block installation of apps obtained from unknown sources”.
Just follow phone instructions and install Kingo Root on your device and allow installs from “Unknown Sources“.
Step 3: Launch “Kingo ROOT” app and start rooting.
Click “One Click Root” to start the rooting process.
Step 4: Waiting for a few seconds till the result screen appear.
Step 5: Succeeded or Failed.
It is highly recommended that you try several times when rooting with KingoRoot apk version, as it have several rooting methods integrated in apk root, however, it will only run one at a time.
Notes to remember:
[*] If KingoRoot APK failed to root your device after several trials, please refer to KingoRoot Android (PC Version), which has a much higher success rate due to technical reasons.
How to root any Android device and version with KingoRoot PC Version?
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Sony Xperia Z3 without the computer. For confirmation, open up your Apps menu and look for KingUser app. If you can find it there, your device is successfully rooted. Alternatively, you can confirm the root privileges of your smartphone by installing Root Checker app in your device and confirm your device’s root privileges. If the root checker app returned similar screen in below image then you have successfully rooted your phone.
If you encounter any issues while trying to root your smartphone by following the above tutorial, kindly let me know by dropping a comment below.