TWRP Recovery for Huawei P9 is now available. Here we discuss how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery Huawei P9. Huawei p9 is the recently launched flagship device which comes with powerful hardware and latest software. The device is new still developers got a way to root and install custom recovery on Huawei P9. But first, you need to unlock the bootloader of Huawei P9 if you want to root Huawei P9 or to install TWRP on Huawei P9. Now you can download TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery for Huawei P9. Recently, TWRP recovery got updated with material designed to TWRP 3.0.0. That means you can install the latest TWRP 3.0.0 on Huawei P9. The new update of TWRP 3.0.0 has a whole new look, true terminal emulator, support Android 6.0 and now you can flash image files also.
TWRP Recovery Huawei P9
If you are a Huawei P9 user, then you can Root Huawei P9 and Install TWRP On P9. So here is the step by step guide to Root and Install TWRP on Huawei P9. Read the below note carefully before you Install TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery on Huawei P9. Also, check the benefits of rooting from below.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom rom and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- You can use CM Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- Rooting will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- You must have unlocked Bootloader. Check out how to unlock bootloader of Huawei P9 (or you can use DC-Unlocker).
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install TWRP Recovery Huawei P9
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download TWRP Tool for Huawei P9 – Download, Mirror.
Steps to Root and Install TWRP Recovery Huawei P9
Install TWRP on Huawei P9 –
1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ (If you see one) option from Settings > Developer option. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Download the TWRP and Root Tool for Huawei P9 from above and extract it.
3) Now boot the device into the fastboot mode.
4) To enter in fastboot mode first, turn off your device.
5) Now press the volume down button and connect the device to PC via USB cable.
6) Keep pressing Volume Down button until you see the fastboot screen.
6) Now Open the TWRP folder and double click on “INSTALER-TWRP-HUAWEIP9.Bat” to run.
7) A command prompt window will open, press Enter twice to start the process.
8) The above step will install TWRP on Huawei P9.
Root Huawei P9
1) To Root Huawei P9 first, Open the TWRP and Root Tool folder.
2) Now save the SuperSu zip file to Micro SD or USB OTG (Note:- Internal memory in TWRP not mounted)
3) Boot your device into Recovery mode (TWRP) by pressing ‘Volume Up + Power‘ button.
4) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Huawei P9.
5) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Huawei P9 and install custom recovery on Huawei P9 successfully.
That’s all, this is the complete guide of how to Root and Install TWRP on Huawei P9. If you have any questions, then comment below.
Hope you liked the post if this helps you to successfully root your Huawei P9 then let’s share it with your friends. If you have any questions comment below. Stay connected with us via Facebook & Twitter to read more such helpful posts.