In this guide, we have managed to share a guide on how to root
Xiaomi Mi A2 (jasmine) and install TWRP recovery. Once you finish the installation, you can root your TWRP Recovery. Full credits go to the XDA senior developer TingyiChen.
The Chinese smartphone makers, Xiaomi has launched new Android One smartphone in the Indian market on August 8th, called Xiaomi Mi A2 (Codenamed: Jasmine). The Mi A2 is a global variant of the Xiaomi Mi 6X which only available in China. Xiaomi Mi A2 features a beautiful notch display of 5.84 inches. The display resolution is 1080×2280 pixels. Mi A2 is powered by Snapdragon 625 chipset and available in two variants of 3GB or 4GB RAM options. Similarly, you can choose the 32GB or 64GB variants with a dedicated microSD card slot. The device came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and backed by a 3000 mAh battery.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- Install Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi A2 using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Xiaomi Mi A2
- Create or Restore backup’s using Nandroid Backup.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2 (Jasmine)
Remember this guide is to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2, so don’t try the same recovery image on any other device.
Download Required Files
- This Guide Supported for Xiaomi Mi A2 (Jasmine).
- You need to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A2.
- Install latest Xiaomi USB Drivers
- You need either a Laptop or PC.
- Charge your phone to at least 70%
- Back up your device just in case if you need it later
- Download Minimal ADB Tool – CLICK HERE or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows / Mac here and Extract it.
Installation Guide using ADB fastboot method:
At TechBiriyani, We will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this Guide. Do it at your own risk. Remember rooting or installation of Custom Recovery will void the warranty of your phone.
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone:
1. First of all, Download and install Android SDK or Minimal ADB and Fastboot or extract the Android SDK or Minimal ADB Folder.
2. Now Go to C:\adb on the PC where
3. Now open the command window (CMD) on the same adb folder by holding the SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space inside the folder.
4. Select the ‘Open PowerShell window here’ or Command Window option.
5. Turn off your phone completely.
6. Once you completely shut down, now connect the device to the PC while holding the Volume Down key.
7. It will boot into
fastboot flash boot_b TWRP-3.2.3-jasmine-20180804.img
fastboot set_active b
That’s it! You have installed TWRP Successfully!
How to Root Xiaomi Mi A2
To root your phone, you require either an supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting applications. With the assistance of rooting applications, you can root Xiaomi Mi A2 without PC/Computer. Here in this guide we as of now have an upheld TWRP Recovery, so I will manage here to streak the superSU or Magisk to root your telephone. Prior to rooting, how about we comprehend What is rooting in Android Phone?
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Xiaomi Mi A2, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Xiaomi Mi A2.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Xiaomi Mi A2.
- By Rooting Xiaomi Mi A2, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install
XposedFramework and many Xposed module support.
Guide to Root:
Here is the guide on how to root Xiaomi Mi A2 smartphone. Make sure to download either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone
I hope this guide was helpful to root and install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2 (Jasmine). Any queries, you can leave a comment down below.