In this post, we are sharing the stock firmware for Sony Xperia M Dual C2004, C2005. Sony Xperia M Dual is launched in June 2013 which features a 5.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 540 pixels by 960 pixels at a PPI of 220 pixels per inch. xperia M Dual is powered with MediaTek MT6589 Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7 coupled with 1 GB of ram and 1.2 GHz clock speed processor. The Sony Xperia M Dual runs Android 4.3 jellybean and is powered by a Non-removable Li-Ion 2390 mAh battery.
Flashing firmware’s or custom ROM’s to Sony devices is as easy as updating your device to the latest version of Android. Also, it’s pretty easy to flash ROMs to Sony phones compared to other devices. All you need is your phone’s firmware file (.FTF file) and the popular FlashTool. From here you can download the latest firmware for your Sony Xperia M Dual.
If you want to try another custom ROM’s in your device you can download the available ROMs or recoveries for your Sony Xperia M Dual and flash it using guides provided in this website. In order to install any ROMs other than stock, you have to root your phone and then need to flash custom recoveries like CWM (clockwork mode) or TWRP on your phone. Usually, we flash stock ROM if something wrong with the software side. So, after the firmware flashes your Sony Xperia M Dual phone will be in a factory reset condition.
Note: If you find any new stock firmwares that you want added to this list please comment below or contact me.
Download links provided below are from third party websites and please note that techbiriyani.com is not hosted any roms in our website, if any of the below links is dead pls inform me.
From below, you can download the latest firmware for your phone. Please make sure that you are downloading the correct build for your phone. You can either seek help from us or from google.
Check your device model number from Settings > About phone, then download the specific firmware for your device.
xperia M Dual Firmware [C2004]
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for xperia M Dual [C2004]
Model – C2004 | Android Version – 4.3 | Region – US / Brazil
xperia M Dual Firmware [C2005]
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for xperia M Dual [C2005]
Model – C2005 | Android Version – 4.3 | Region – India
How to Install Firmware file
- Firmware file for your device (.FTF)
- USB cable
Make sure to Enable “USB debugging” and “Unknown sources” on your Sony Xperia device, click here for help.
- Download and install the Flashtool package from official website.
- Now go to your installed directory (usually – ‘C:\Flashtool\drivers’) and install Flashtool drivers
- Tick the “Flashmode Drivers” and “Fastboot Drivers” to install (see below image)
Note: To install the Flashtool drivers for Windows 8/8.1/10, please click here.
- Here we finished installing Flashtool now Open It.
- Click on the lightning bolt in the top left of Flashtool as highlighted below.
Select, ‘Flashmode’ and click OK
You should already be in the source folder where the FTF firmware files are located. If not, navigate to: “C:\Users\[Your PC Name]\.flashTool\firmwares” If you still not able to find the path check this too, “C:\Flashtool\firmwares\” now you should get it.
Select the firmware build version that you want to flash from the “Firmware” pane. Ensure the device variant is the same as the model number of your Sony Xperia device.
‘A clean install is the way to go‘
So tick all options under the “Wipe” pane. This will wipe all of your data though including your photos and videos, so please ensure you have these backed up somewhere else.
Leave all others unchanged
Click on “Flash“. Flashtool will then indicate that it is “preparing files for flashing”.
Sometimes, you may have to wait around 60 seconds for the pop-up below to appear. Once it does, make sure that the device is powered off and then hold the ‘volume down’ button and connect the usb cable. Once the pop-up disappears and flashing has started, you can let go of the ‘volume down’ button.
Flashtool will then start flashing your Xperia device.
Once you see “Flashing finished” as indicated below, your Sony Xperia has been successfully flashed.
Hurray 🙂 you have just installed stock firmware! Now disconnect your Xperia device and power on the handset.
It will take some time for the first boot so, don’t worry if it takes a while, this is to be expected.
You can use the firmware for variety of purposes, which includes:
- Fix your Sony xperia M Dual if it’s giving you force closes errors and restarts randomly.
- Unbrick your Sony xperia M Dual if it’s boot looping and stuck at logo when restarting.
- Go Back to Stock on your Sony xperia M Dual firmware — helps when looking to sell the device, or fix installing OTA updates if broken.
- Restore Sony xperia M Dual to factory state i.e original state when you bought.
- Upgrade your Sony xperia M Dual to newer Android version.
- Downgrade your Sony xperia M Dual to lower build no. at same Android version.
- Unroot your Sony xperia M Dual.
- Remove custom recovery like TWRP and CWM, if installed, on your Sony xperia M Dual.
To perform any of the above, simply install the firmware meant for your device, as per its model no. in Settings > About device.
Need help? Let us know if you need any help regarding this via comments below.