Sony Xperia M2 Dual Firmware smartphone was launched in April 2014. The phone comes with a 4.80-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 540 pixels by 960 pixels.
The Sony Xperia M2 Dual is powered by 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor and it comes with 1GB of RAM. The phone packs 8GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 32GB via a microSD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Sony Xperia M2 Dual packs an 8-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 0.3-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
The Sony Xperia M2 Dual runs Android 4.4 and is powered by a 2300mAh non-removable battery. It measures 139.60 x 71.10 x 8.60 (height x width x thickness) and weigh 148.00 grams.
The Sony Xperia M2 Dual is a dual SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Regular and Regular. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, FM, and 3G. Sensors on the phone include Proximity sensor and Accelerometer.
Flashing firmware’s or custom ROM’s to Sony devices is as easy as updating your device to the latest version of Android. Also, it’s pretty easy to flash ROM to Sony phones compared to other devices. All you need is your phone’s firmware file (.FTF file) and the popular FlashTool. From here you can download the latest firmware for your Sony Xperia M2 Dual D2302, D2303 & D2306.
If you want to try another custom ROM’s in your device you can download the available ROM or recoveries for your Sony Xperia M2 Dual and flash it using guides provided in this website. In order to install any ROM other than stock, you have to root your phone and then need to flash custom recoveries like CWM (clockwork mode) or TWRP on your phone. Usually, we flash stock ROM if something wrong with the software side. So, after firmware flashes your Sony Xperia M2 Dual D2302, D2303 or D2306 phone will be in a factory reset condition.
Back to topic
So welcome to the Central place where you can download the latest version of Xperia M2 Dual firmware for all variants across all regions. We are sharing the firmware which has fast and uncapped download speeds and I will try to add more stock firmware once they become available.
Note: If you find any new stock firmware that you want to be added to this list please comment below or contact me.
Download links provided below are from third-party websites and please note that techbiriyani.com is not hosted any ROM in our website if any of the below links is dead pls inform me.
Also Read: Sony Xperia T2 Ultra Firmware Download Links
Sony Xperia M2 Dual Firmware [D2302 & D2303]
From below, you can download the latest firmware for your phone. Please make sure that you are downloading the correct build for your phone. You can either seek help from us or from google.
Check your device model number from Settings > About device, then download the specific firmware for your device.
One saddest fact is Sony has not yet provided the stock Marshmallow firmware for Xperia M2 Dual D2302 & D2303 devices, it seems like they have discontinued the support for future updates for this phone. Anyway Change.org have filed a petition to sony about device update, hope sony will provide updates soon if any.
Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for Xperia M2 Dual [D2302]
- Download Android 5.1.1 Stock D2302_18.6.A.0.175_1281-0484.zip.ftf [Google Drive]
- Download Android 5.1.1 Stock D2302_18.6.A.0.182_IN_1281-0484.zip.ftf [Deposit Files]
Android 4.4.4 Kitkat for Xperia M2 Dual [D2302]
Download Android 4.4.4 Stock D2302_18.3.1.B.0.18_RU.ftf.zip.ftf [Google Drive Russia]
- Download Android 4.4.4 Stock D2303_18.3.C.0.37_Malaysia zip.ftf [Mega]
- Download Android 4.4.4 Stock D2303_18.3.C customized MEA.ftf [Direct Link]
Android 5.1 Lollipop for Xperia M2 Dual [D2303]
- Download Android 5.1.1 Stock D2303_18.6.A.0.182_RU.ftf [Deposit Files]
- Download Android 5.1.1 Stock D2303_18.6.A.0.182_RU.ftf [Google Drive]
Android 4.4 Kitkat for Xperia M2 Dual [D2303]
- Download Android 4.4.4 Stock D2303_18.3.1.C.1.17_CE.ftf [Deposit Files]
- Download Android 4.4.4 Stock D2303_18.3.1.C.1.16 for Xperia M2 Portugal.ftf [Region – Portugal]
- Download Android 4.4.4 Stock D2303_18.3.1.C.1.16 FTF region Malay.ftf [Region – Malaysia]
- Download Android 4.4.4 Stock D2303_18.3.1.C.1.16 FTF RU region.ftf [Region – Russia]
- Download Android 4.4.4 Stock D2303_18.3.1.C.1.16 FTF region Singap.ftf [Region – Singapore]
- Download Android 4.4.4 Stock D2303_18.3.1.C.1.16 FTF region HK.ftf [Region – Hong Kong]
- Download Android 4.4.4 Stock D2303_18.3.1.C.1.16 FTF region ES.ftf [Region – Spain]
Android 4.4.2 Kitkat for Xperia M2 Dual [D2306]
- Download Android 5.1.1 Stock D2306_18.3.C.0.37_4.4.2-PT-BR.ftf [Brazil Generic]
- Download Android 5.1.1 Stock D2306_18.6.A.0.175_R1C…86-8354.ftf [Mega]
How to Install Firmware file
- Firmware file for your device (.FTF)
- USB cable
Please note that i wrote this tutorial for flashtool version (0.9.23.2). If you are using other versions there may be some difference for flashing the same file. So i request you to download the same version mentioned here or do it with your own risk.
- Download and install the Flashtool package from official website.
- Now go to your installed directory (usually – ‘C:\Flashtool\drivers’) and install Flashtool drivers
- Tick the “Flashmode Drivers” and “Fastboot Drivers” to install (see below image)
Note: To install the Flashtool drivers for Windows 8/8.1/10, please click here.
- Here we finished installing Flashtool now Open It.
- Click on the lightning bolt in the top left of Flashtool as highlighted below.
Select, ‘Flashmode’ and click OK
You should already be in the source folder where the FTF firmware files are located. If not, navigate to: “C:\Users\[Your PC Name]\.flashTool\firmwares” If you still not able to find the path check this too, “C:\Flashtool\firmwares\” now you should get it.
Select the firmware build version that you want to flash from the “Firmware” pane. Ensure the device variant is the same as the model number of your Sony Xperia device.
‘A clean install is the way to go‘
So tick all options under the “Wipe” pane. This will wipe all of your data though including your photos and videos, so please ensure you have these backed up somewhere else.
Leave all others unchanged
Click on “Flash“. Flashtool will then indicate that it is “preparing files for flashing”.
Sometimes, you may have to wait around 60 seconds for the pop-up below to appear. Once it does, make sure that the device is powered off and then hold the ‘volume down’ button and connect the usb cable. Once the pop-up disappears and flashing has started, you can let go of the ‘volume down’ button.
Flashtool will then start flashing your Xperia device.
Once you see “Flashing finished” as indicated below, your Sony Xperia has been successfully flashed.
Hurray 🙂 you have just installed stock firmware! Now disconnect your Xperia device and power on the handset.
It will take some time for the first boot so, don’t worry if it takes a while, this is to be expected.
You can use the firmware for variety of purposes, which includes:
- Fix your Sony Xperia M2 Dual if it’s giving you force closes errors and restarts randomly.
- Unbrick your Sony Xperia M2 Dual if it’s bootlooping and stuck at logo when restarting.
- Go Back to Stock on your Sony Xperia M2 Dual — helps when looking to sell the device, or fix installing OTA updates if broken.
- Restore Sony Xperia M2 Dual to factory state i.e original state when you bought.
- Upgrade your Sony Xperia M2 Dual to newer Android version.
- Downgrade your Sony Xperia M2 Dual to lower build no. at same Android version.
- Unroot your Sony Xperia M2 Dual.
- Remove custom recovery like TWRP and CWM, if installed, on your Sony Xperia M2 Dual.
To perform any of the above, simply install the firmware meant for your device, as per its model no. in Settings > About device.
Need help? Let us know if you need any help regarding this via comments below.
Other Popular Stories
- Samsung Galaxy On5 Pro Firmware Download
- Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017) Firmware Download [Stock Official]
- Samsung Galaxy On8 Firmware [SM-J710FN/DF]
- Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 Firmware Download [Stock]
- Samsung Galaxy A5 Firmware (2017) Download [SM-A520F]
Tags – Xperia M2 Dual Firmware, Xperia M2 Dual Firmware Download Links, Xperia M2 Dual Download, Xperia M2 Dual Stock ROM Download, Xperia M2 Dual Firmware Download, Xperia M2 Dual USB Drivers, Xperia M2 Dual Firmware Full, Xperia M2 Dual Firmware Official, Xperia M2 Dual Firmware Flashtool, Install Stock ROM in Xperia M2 Dual, Xperia M2 Dual Flashtool, D2302, D2303 & D2306, D2302 Firmware, D2303 Firmware, D2306 Firmware.