Sony Xperia M5 Firmware smartphone was launched in August 2015. The phone comes with a 5.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels. Sony Xperia M5 price in India starts from Rs. 24,999. Below you can download stock rom or firmware’s for your Sony Xperia M5 E5603, E5606 & E5653 smartphone and also guides for install or flash stock rom on your xperia device.
Flashing firmware’s or custom rom’s to sony devices is as easy as updating your device to latest version of android. Also it’s pretty easy to flash rom’s to sony phones compared to other devices. All you need is your phone’s firmware file (.FTF file) and the popular FlashTool. From here you can download the latest firmware for your Sony Xperia M5 Firmware.
If you want to try other custom rom‘s in your device you can download the available roms or recoveries for your Sony Xperia M5 Firmware and flash it using guides provided in this website. Inorder to install any roms other than stock you have to root your phone and then need to flash custom recoveries like CWM (clock work mode) or TWRP on your phone. Usually we flash stock rom’s if something wrong with the software side. So, after firmware flash your Sony Xperia M5 Firmware E5603, E5606 & E5653 phone will be in a factory reset condition.
Back to topic
So welcome to the Central place where you can download the latest version of Xperia M5 Firmware for all variants across all regions. We are sharing the firmwares which have fast and uncapped download speeds and I will try to add more stock rom’s once they become available.
Note: If you find any new stock roms that you want added to this list please comment below or contact me.
Download links provided below are from third party websites and please note that techbiriyani.com is not hosted any roms in our website, if any of the below links is dead pls inform me.
Sony Xperia M5 Firmware [E5603, E5606 & E5653]
From below, you can download the latest firmware for your phone. Please make sure that you are downloading the correct build for your phone. You can either seek help from us or from google.
Check your device model number from Settings > About device, then download the specific rom for your device.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Xperia M5 Firmware [E5603]
Android Version – 6.0 | Region – Russia | Size – 1.81 G
Android Version – 6.0 | Region – Nordic | Size – 1.77 G
Android Version – 6.0 | Region – Turkey | Size – 1.9 G
- Download_Android_6.0_firmware_E5603_30.2.A.1.21_TR.ftf [Google Drive]
Android Version – 6.0 | Region – Italy | Size – 1.79 G
- Download_Android_6.0_firmware_E5603_30.2.A.1.21_IT.ftf [Deposit Files]
Android Version – 6.0 | Region – Central Europe | Size – 1.8 G
- Download_Android_6.0_firmware_E5603_30.2.A.1.21_CE.ftf [Deposit Files]
Android 5.1 Lollipop for Xperia M5 Firmware [E5603]
Android Version – 5.1 | Region – Central Europe | Size – 1.61 G
Android Version – 5.1 | Region – Netherlands | Size – 1.69 G
Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Xperia M5 Firmware [E5606]
Android Version – 6.0 | Region – Latin America | Size – 1.89 G
Android Version – 6.0 | Region – Argentina | Size – 2 G
- Download_Android_6.0_firmware_E5606_30.2.A.1.21_AR.ftf [Google Drive]
Mirror Link for E5606 firmware
Android Version – 6.0 | Region – Latin America | Size – 1.85 G
Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Xperia M5 Firmware [E5653]
Android Version – 6.0 | Region – Australia | Size – 1.89 G
Android Version – 6.0 | Region – Vietnam | Size – 1.75 G
Android 5.1 Lollipop for Xperia M5 Firmware [E5653]
Android Version – 5.1 | Region – Singapore | Size – 1.67 G
How to Install Firmware file
- Firmware file for your device (.FTF)
- USB cable
Please note that i wrote this tutorial for flashtool version (0.9.23.2). If you are using other versions there may be some difference for flashing the same file. So i request you to download the same version mentioned here or do it with your own risk.
Make sure to Enable “USB debugging” and “Unknown sources” on your Sony Xperia device, click here for help
- Download and install the Flashtool package from official website.
- Now go to your installed directory (usually – ‘C:\Flashtool\drivers’) and install Flashtool drivers
- Tick the “Flashmode Drivers” and “Fastboot Drivers” to install (see below image)
Note: To install the Flashtool drivers for Windows 8/8.1/10, please click here.
- Here we finished installing Flashtool now Open It.
- Click on the lightning bolt in the top left of Flashtool as highlighted below.
Select, ‘Flashmode’ and click OK
You should already be in the source folder where the FTF firmware files are located. If not, navigate to: “C:\Users\[Your PC Name]\.flashTool\firmwares” If you still not able to find the path check this too, “C:\Flashtool\firmwares\” now you should get it.
Select the firmware build version that you want to flash from the “Firmware” pane. Ensure the device variant is the same as the model number of your Sony Xperia device.
‘A clean install is the way to go‘
So tick all options under the “Wipe” pane. This will wipe all of your data though including your photos and videos, so please ensure you have these backed up somewhere else.
Leave all others unchanged
Click on “Flash“. Flashtool will then indicate that it is “preparing files for flashing”.
Sometimes, you may have to wait around 60 seconds for the pop-up below to appear. Once it does, make sure that the device is powered off and then hold the ‘volume down’ button and connect the usb cable. Once the pop-up disappears and flashing has started, you can let go of the ‘volume down’ button.
Flashtool will then start flashing your Xperia device.
Once you see “Flashing finished” as indicated below, your Sony Xperia has been successfully flashed.
Hurray 🙂 you have just installed stock firmware! Now disconnect your Xperia device and power on the handset.
It will take some time for the first boot so, don’t worry if it takes a while, this is to be expected.
You can use the firmware for variety of purposes, which includes:
- Fix your Sony Xperia XA Ultra if it’s giving you force closes errors and restarts randomly.
- Unbrick your Sony Xperia M5 Firmware if it’s bootlooping and stuck at logo when restarting.
- Go Back to Stock on your Sony Xperia XA Ultra — helps when looking to sell the device, or fix installing OTA updates if broken.
- Restore Sony Xperia M5 Firmware to factory state i.e original state when you bought.
- Upgrade your Sony Xperia M5 Firmware to newer Android version.
- Downgrade your Sony Xperia M5 Firmware to lower build no. at same Android version.
- Unroot your Sony Xperia XA Ultra.
- Remove custom recovery like TWRP and CWM, if installed, on your Sony Xperia XA Ultra.
To perform any of the above, simply install the firmware meant for your device, as per its model no. in Settings > About device.
Need help? Let us know if you need any help regarding this via comments below.
Other Popular Rom’s
- Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Stock ROM D5803, D5833
- Sony Xperia C3 Stock ROM D2533
- Sony Xperia C3 Dual Stock ROM D2502
- Sony Xperia Z2a Stock ROM D6563 [Taiwan Region]
- Sony Xperia T3 Firmware D5102, D5103, D5106
- Sony Xperia E1 Firmware D2005
- Sony Xperia E1 Dual Firmware D2104, D2105
- Sony Xperia Z2 Firmware D6502, D6503, D6543
Tags – Xperia M5 Firmware, Xperia M5 Firmware Download Links, Xperia M5 Stock Rom Download, Xperia M5 ROM Download, Xperia M5 Firmware Download, Xperia M5 USB Drivers, Xperia M5 Firmware Full, Xperia M5 Firmware Official, Xperia M5 Flashtool, Install Stock ROM in Xperia XA Ultra, Xperia M5 Firmware Flashtool, Xperia M5 Firmware ROM, Xperia M5 Firmware Full ROM, Xperia M5 Firmware Custom ROM, Xperia M5 Firmware Nougat, Xperia M5 Custom Recoveries, Xperia XA Ultra CWM Recovery, Xperia M5 TWRP Recovery.