In this post, we are sharing the official firmware for Sony Xperia SL LT26ii. We will update the article if we found any custom ROMs for this phone. Sony Xperia SL is released in 2012 August with a 4.3-inches touchscreen display which is having 720 x 1280 pixels and 342 PPI density. Xperia SL is powered with 1.7 GHz Scorpion processor and Qualcomm MSM8260 Snapdragon S3 chipset coupled with 1GB RAM. The Sony Xperia SL runs on 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich which is upgradable to 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. We are sharing the latest 4.1.2 Jelly Bean version below.
- Download LG Q7, LG Q7+ and LG Q7a Stock Firmware
- Download and Install LG V35 ThinQ Firmware [LMV350N]
- Download and Install LG Q Stylo 4 Firmware [LMQ710MS]
- Download and Install LG K11 Plus Firmware
- Download and Install LG Q8 2018 Firmware
Note: If you find any new stock firmware that you want added to this list please comment below or contact me.
Download links provided below are from third-party websites and please note that techbiriyani.com is not hosted any ROMs in our website if any of the below links is dead pls inform me.
From below, you can download the latest firmware for your phone. Please make sure that you are downloading the correct build for your phone. You can either seek help from us or from google.
Check your device model number from Settings > About phone, then download the specific firmware for your device.
Sony Xperia SL Firmware [LT26ii]
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean | Region : Generic India
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean | Region : Customized India
How to Install Firmware file
- Firmware file for your device (.FTF)
- USB cable
Make sure to Enable “USB debugging” and “Unknown sources” on your Sony Xperia device, click here for help.
- Download and install the Flashtool package from official website.
- Now go to your installed directory (usually – ‘C:\Flashtool\drivers’) and install Flashtool drivers
- Tick the “Flashmode Drivers” and “Fastboot Drivers” to install (see below image)
Note: To install the Flashtool drivers for Windows 8/8.1/10, please click here.
- Here we finished installing Flashtool now Open It.
- Click on the lightning bolt in the top left of Flashtool as highlighted below.
Select, ‘Flashmode’ and click OK
You should already be in the source folder where the FTF firmware files are located. If not, navigate to: “C:\Users\[Your PC Name]\.flashTool\firmwares” If you still not able to find the path check this too, “C:\Flashtool\firmwares\” now you should get it.
Select the firmware build version that you want to flash from the “Firmware” pane. Ensure the device variant is the same as the model number of your Sony Xperia device.
‘A clean install is the way to go‘
So tick all options under the “Wipe” pane. This will wipe all of your data though including your photos and videos, so please ensure you have these backed up somewhere else.
Leave all others unchanged
Click on “Flash“. Flashtool will then indicate that it is “preparing files for flashing”.
Sometimes, you may have to wait around 60 seconds for the pop-up below to appear. Once it does, make sure that the device is powered off and then hold the ‘volume down’ button and connect the usb cable. Once the pop-up disappears and flashing has started, you can let go of the ‘volume down’ button.
Flashtool will then start flashing your Xperia device.
Once you see “Flashing finished” as indicated below, your Sony Xperia has been successfully flashed.
Hurray 🙂 you have just installed stock firmware! Now disconnect your Xperia device and power on the handset.
It will take some time for the first boot so, don’t worry if it takes a while, this is to be expected.
You can use the firmware for variety of purposes, which includes:
- Fix your Sony Xperia SL if it’s giving you force closes errors and restarts randomly.
- Unbrick your Sony Xperia SL firmware if it’s boot looping and stuck at logo when restarting.
- Go Back to Stock on your Sony Xperia SL firmware — helps when looking to sell the device, or fix installing OTA updates if broken.
- Restore Sony Xperia SL to factory state i.e original state when you bought.
- Upgrade your Sony Xperia SL to newer Android version.
- Downgrade your Sony Xperia SL to lower build no. at same Android version.
- Unroot your Sony Xperia SL.
- Remove custom recovery like TWRP and CWM, if installed, on your Sony Xperia SL.
To perform any of the above, simply install the firmware meant for your device, as per its model no. in Settings > About device.
Need help? Let us know if you need any help regarding this via comments below.