Last updated on : 27 Dec 2017
Changelogs : Added Android 8 Oreo Firmware
Sony Xperia XZ Premium Firmware smartphone was launched in June 2017. The phone comes with a great 5.46-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of huge 3840 x 2160 pixels. The Sony Xperia XZ Premium is powered by 1.9GHz Octa-core Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 processor and comes with 4GB of RAM. Below you can download stock rom or firmware’s for your Sony Xperia XZ Premium G8141, G8142 smartphone and also guides for install or flash stock rom on your xperia device. From below you can dowload Android 8 Oreo firmware for Xperia XZ Premium.
Also read :-
Flashing firmware’s or custom rom’s to sony devices is as easy as updating your device to latest version of android. Also it’s pretty easy to flash rom’s to sony phones compared to other devices. All you need is your phone’s firmware file (.FTF file) and the popular FlashTool. From here you can download the latest firmware for your Sony Xperia XZ Premium G8141, G8142 Firmware.
If you want to try other custom rom‘s in your device you can download the available roms or recoveries for your Sony Xperia XZ Premium Firmware and flash it using guides provided in this website. Inorder to install any roms other than stock you have to root your phone and then need to flash custom recoveries like CWM (clock work mode) or TWRP on your phone. Usually we flash stock rom’s if something wrong with the software side. So, after firmware flash your Sony Xperia XZ Premium G8141, G8142 Firmware phone will be in a factory reset condition.
Back to topic
So welcome to the Central place where you can download the latest version of Xperia XZ Premium Firmware for all variants across all regions. We are sharing the firmwares which have fast and uncapped download speeds and I will try to add more stock rom’s once they become available.
Note: If you find any new stock roms that you want added to this list please comment below or contact me.
Download links provided below are from third party websites and please note that techbiriyani.com is not hosted any roms in our website, if any of the below links is dead pls inform me.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ (Snapdragon Variants)
- Download Huawei P8 Lite B604 Marshmallow Firmware (Europe)
- Download Huawei Nova B330 Nougat Update [Bytel France]
Sony Xperia XZ Premium Firmware [G8141, G8142]
From below, you can download the latest firmware for your phone. Please make sure that you are downloading the correct build for your phone. You can either seek help from us or from google.[alert-note] Check your device model number from Settings > About device, then download the specific rom for your device. [/alert-note]
Android 8.0 Oreo for Xperia XZ Premium Firmware [G8141]
Android Version – 8.0 | Region – CE | Size – 2.74 G
Android Version – 8.0 | Region – Customized DE | Size – 2.9 G
- Download Android 8.0 firmware G8141 47.1.A.8.49 DE.ftf [Google Drive]
Android Version – 8.0 | Region – Customized FR | Size – 3 G
- Download Android 8.0 firmware G8141 47.1.A.8.49 FR.ftf [Google Drive]
Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Xperia XZ Premium Firmware [G8141]
Android Version – 7.1.1 | Region – France | Size – 2.74 G
Android 8.0 Oreo for Xperia XZ Premium Firmware [G8142]
Android Version – 8.0 | Region – France | Size – 2.74 G
- Download_Android_8.0_firmware_G8142_47.1.A.3.254_R2B.ftf [Google Drive]
Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Xperia XZ Premium Firmware [G8142]
Android Version – 7.1.1 Nougat | Region – USA | Size – 1.12 G
Android Version – 7.1.1 | Region – India | Size – 2.84 G
How to Install Firmware file
You can flash this firmware using two methods :-
- New Flasher Tool Method (recommended)
- Sony Flashtool Method
Below guide is for 2. Sony Flashtool Method and guide for newflasher tool will be added soon.
- Firmware file for your device (.FTF)
- USB cable
[alert-warning] Please note that i wrote this tutorial for flashtool version (0.9.23.2). If you are using other versions there may be some difference for flashing the same file. So i request you to download the same version mentioned here or do it with your own risk. [/alert-warning]
- Download and install the Flashtool package from official website.
- Now go to your installed directory (usually – ‘C:\Flashtool\drivers’) and install Flashtool drivers
- Tick the “Flashmode Drivers” and “Fastboot Drivers” to install (see below image)
Note: To install the Flashtool drivers for Windows 8/8.1/10, please click here.
- Here we finished installing Flashtool now Open It.
- Click on the lightning bolt in the top left of Flashtool as highlighted below.
Select, ‘Flashmode’ and click OK
You should already be in the source folder where the FTF firmware files are located. If not, navigate to: “C:\Users\[Your PC Name]\.flashTool\firmwares” If you still not able to find the path check this too, “C:\Flashtool\firmwares\” now you should get it.
Select the firmware build version that you want to flash from the “Firmware” pane. Ensure the device variant is the same as the model number of your Sony Xperia device.
‘A clean install is the way to go‘
So tick all options under the “Wipe” pane. This will wipe all of your data though including your photos and videos, so please ensure you have these backed up somewhere else.
Leave all others unchanged
Click on “Flash“. Flashtool will then indicate that it is “preparing files for flashing”.
Sometimes, you may have to wait around 60 seconds for the pop-up below to appear. Once it does, make sure that the device is powered off and then hold the ‘volume down’ button and connect the usb cable. Once the pop-up disappears and flashing has started, you can let go of the ‘volume down’ button.
Flashtool will then start flashing your Xperia device.
Once you see “Flashing finished” as indicated below, your Sony Xperia has been successfully flashed.
Hurray 🙂 you have just installed stock firmware! Now disconnect your Xperia device and power on the handset.
It will take some time for the first boot so, don’t worry if it takes a while, this is to be expected.
You can use the firmware for variety of purposes, which includes:
- Fix your Sony Xperia XZ Premium if it’s giving you force closes errors and restarts randomly.
- Unbrick your Sony Xperia XZ Premium if it’s bootlooping and stuck at logo when restarting.
- Go Back to Stock on your Sony Xperia XZ Premium — helps when looking to sell the device, or fix installing OTA updates if broken.
- Restore Sony Xperia XZ Premium Firmware to factory state i.e original state when you bought.
- Upgrade your Sony Xperia XZ Premium Firmware to newer Android version.
- Downgrade your Sony Xperia XZ Premium Firmware to lower build no. at same Android version.
- Unroot your Sony Xperia XZ Premium.
- Remove custom recovery like TWRP and CWM, if installed, on your Sony Xperia XZ Premium Firmware.
To perform any of the above, simply install the firmware meant for your device, as per its model no. in Settings > About device.
Need help? Let us know if you need any help regarding this via comments below.
Tags – Xperia XZ Premium Firmware, Xperia XZ Premium Stock Rom, Xperia XZ Premium ROM Download, Xperia XZ Premium USB Drivers, Xperia XZ Premium Flashtool, Xperia XZ Premium Custom ROM, Xperia XZ Premium Nougat, Xperia XZ Premium Recoveries, Xperia XZ Premium CWM Recovery, Xperia XZ Premium TWRP Recovery, Xperia XZ Premium Oreo, Xperia XZ Premium Android 8.0.