Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact Firmware [SO-05K
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact firmware flash file is tested by me and it is working very well without any error, you can use this flash file when
if you are new here learn how to backup your android phone.
Download Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact Firmware [SO-05K]
Below you can find the links to download firmware files for your Xperia XZ2 Compact. Select your appropriate file according to your region. If your region is not listed download any firmware listed on top and it will work fine for your device. We
Android 8.0 Oreo for Xperia XZ2 Compact firmware SO-05K
Size : 2.00 GB | Region : Japan[divider]
How to Install Firmware file on Xperia XZ2 Compact
- Firmware file for your device (.FTF)
- USB cable
Please note that i wrote this tutorial for flashtool version (0.9.23.2). If you are using other versions there may be some difference for flashing the same file. So i request you to download the same version mentioned here or do it with your own risk.
- Download and install the Flashtool package from official website.
- Now go to your installed directory (usually – ‘C:\Flashtool\drivers’) and install Flashtool drivers
- Tick the “Flashmode Drivers” and “Fastboot Drivers” to install (see below image)
Note: To install the Flashtool drivers for Windows 8/8.1/10, please click here.
- Here we finished installing Flashtool now Open It.
- Click on the lightning bolt in the top left of Flashtool as highlighted below.
Select, ‘Flashmode’ and click OK
You should already be in the source folder where the FTF firmware files are located. If not, navigate to: “C:\Users\[Your PC Name]\.flashTool\firmwares” If you still not able to find the path check this too, “C:\Flashtool\firmwares\” now you should get it.
Select the firmware build version that you want to flash from the “Firmware” pane. Ensure the device variant is the same as the model number of your Sony Xperia device.
‘A clean install is the way to go‘
So tick all options under the “Wipe” pane. This will wipe all of your data though including your photos and videos, so please ensure you have these backed up somewhere else.
Leave all others unchanged
Click on “Flash“. Flashtool will then indicate that it is “preparing files for flashing”.
Sometimes, you may have to wait around 60 seconds for the pop-up below to appear. Once it does, make sure that the device is powered off and then hold the ‘volume down’ button and connect the usb cable. Once the pop-up disappears and flashing has started, you can let go of the ‘volume down’ button.
Flashtool will then start flashing your Xperia device.
Once you see “Flashing finished” as indicated below, your Sony Xperia has been successfully flashed.
Hurray 🙂 you have just installed stock firmware! Now disconnect your Xperia device and power on the handset.
It will take some time for the first boot so, don’t worry if it takes a while, this is to be expected.
You can use the firmware for variety of purposes, which includes:
- Fix your Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact if it’s giving you force closes errors and restarts randomly.
- Unbrick your Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact if it’s boot looping and stuck at logo when restarting.
- Go Back to Stock on your Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact — helps when looking to sell the device, or fix installing OTA updates if broken.
- Restore Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact Firmware to factory state i.e original state when you bought.
- Upgrade your Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact Firmware to newer Android version.
- Downgrade your Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact Firmware to lower build no. at same Android version.
- Unroot your Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact.
- Remove custom recovery like TWRP and CWM, if installed, on your Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact.
To perform any of the above, simply install the firmware meant for your device, as per its model no. in Settings > About device.
Need help? Let us know if you need any help regarding this via comments below.
Related threads :-
- Sony Xperia X Performance Dual Firmware F8132
- Sony Xperia X Performance Firmware F8131
- Sony Xperia X Firmware F5122
Tags – Xperia XZ2 Compact Firmware, Xperia XZ2 Compact Stock Rom, Xperia XZ2 Compact USB Drivers, Xperia XZ2 Compact Custom ROM, Xperia XZ2 Compact CWM Recovery, Xperia XZ2 Compact TWRP Recovery, Xperia XZ2 Compact Oreo.