Sony Xperia XZ3 is one of the High-End devices of Sony and this phone is launched in October 2018. The phone comes with a 6.00-inch touchscreen display with 1440 x 2880 pixels resolution at a PPI of 441 pixels per inch. Xperia XZ3 is powered with Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 coupled with Min 4 GB and Max 6 GB of ram and 2.7 GHz clock speed Octa-core processor. The Sony Xperia XZ3 runs Android 9.0 Pie version and is powered by a 3300 mAh non-removable battery.
Flashing firmware’s or custom ROM’s to sony devices is as easy as updating your device to the latest version of android. Also, it’s pretty easy to flash ROM to sony phones compared to other devices. All you need is your phone’s firmware file (.FTF file) and the popular FlashTool. From here you can download the latest firmware for your Sony Xperia XZ3.
If you want to try custom ROM in your device you can download the available ROM or recoveries for your Sony Xperia XZ3 and flash it using guides provided in this website. In order to install any ROM other than stock, you have to root your phone and then need to flash custom recoveries like CWM (clockwork mode) or TWRP on your phone. Usually, we flash stock ROM if something wrong with the software side. So, after firmware flashes your Sony Xperia XZ3 phone will be in a factory reset condition.
Note: If you find any new stock firmware that you want to be added to this list please comment below or contact me.
Download links provided below are from third party websites and please note that techbiriyani.com is not hosted any ROM in our website if any of the below links is dead pls inform me.
Sony Xperia ZZ3 H8416, H9496, H9493 Firmware
From below, you can download the latest firmware for your phone. Please make sure that you are downloading the correct build for your phone. You can either seek help from us or from google.
Check your device model number from Settings > About phone, then download the specific firmware for your device.
This phone has large fullHD Triluminos display, powerfull quadcore CPU from Qualcomm, 6 GB RAM or 19-megapixel camera. Below you can find the latest firmware for the phone and also firmware flashing guides.
Android 9.0 Pie for H8416
Model – H8416 | Android Version – 9.0 | Region – Italy
Model – H8416 | Android Version – 9.0 | Region – France (Orange MCV)
Model – H8416 | Android Version – 9.0 | Region – T-Mobile
Model – H8416 | Android Version – 9.0 | Region – Iberia
Model – H8416 | Android Version – 9.0 | Region – USA
Android 9.0 Pie for H9436 Firmware
Model – H9436 | Android Version – 9.0 | Region – CH
Model – H9436 | Android Version – 9.0 | Region – PL
Model – H9436 | Android Version – 9.0 | Region – Central Europe
Model – H9436 | Android Version – 9.0 | Region – Russia
Android 9.0 Pie for H9493 Firmware
Model – H9493 | Android Version – 9.0 | Region – Taiwan
Model – H9493 | Android Version – 9.0 | Region – Russia
Model – H9493 | Android Version – 9.0 | Region – China
How to Install Firmware on Xperia XZ3
- Firmware file for your device (.FTF)
- USB cable
Make sure to Enable “USB debugging” and “Unknown sources” on your Sony Xperia device, click here for help.
- Download and install the Flashtool package from official website.
- Now go to your installed directory (usually – ‘C:\Flashtool\drivers’) and install Flashtool drivers
- Tick the “Flashmode Drivers” and “Fastboot Drivers” to install (see below image)
Note: To install the Flashtool drivers for Windows 8/8.1/10, please click here.
- Here we finished installing Flashtool now Open It.
- Click on the lightning bolt in the top left of Flashtool as highlighted below.
Select, ‘Flashmode’ and click OK
You should already be in the source folder where the FTF firmware files are located. If not, navigate to: “C:\Users\[Your PC Name]\.flashTool\firmwares” If you still not able to find the path check this too, “C:\Flashtool\firmwares\” now you should get it.
Select the firmware build version that you want to flash from the “Firmware” pane. Ensure the device variant is the same as the model number of your Sony Xperia device.
‘A clean install is the way to go‘
So tick all options under the “Wipe” pane. This will wipe all of your data though including your photos and videos, so please ensure you have these backed up somewhere else.
Leave all others unchanged
Click on “Flash“. Flashtool will then indicate that it is “preparing files for flashing”.
Sometimes, you may have to wait around 60 seconds for the pop-up below to appear. Once it does, make sure that the device is powered off and then hold the ‘volume down’ button and connect the usb cable. Once the pop-up disappears and flashing has started, you can let go of the ‘volume down’ button.
Flashtool will then start flashing your Xperia device.
Once you see “Flashing finished” as indicated below, your Sony Xperia has been successfully flashed.
Hurray 🙂 you have just installed stock firmware! Now disconnect your Xperia device and power on the handset.
It will take some time for the first boot so, don’t worry if it takes a while, this is to be expected.
- How to Enable USB Debugging on your phone
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime Firmware [SM-G610F]
- Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Firmware D5503
- Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 Firmware Download [Stock]
- Samsung Galaxy A5 Firmware (2017) Download [SM-A520F]
You can use the firmware for a variety of purposes, which includes:
- Fix your Sony Xperia XZ3 if it’s giving you force closes errors and restarts randomly.
- Unbrick your Sony Xperia XZ3 if it’s boot looping and stuck at logo when restarting.
- Go Back to Stock on your Sony Xperia XZ3 — helps when looking to sell the device, or fix installing OTA updates if broken.
- Restore Sony Xperia XZ3 to factory state i.e original state when you bought.
- Upgrade your Sony Xperia XZ3 to newer Android version.
- Downgrade your Sony Xperia XZ3 to lower build no. at same Android version.
- Unroot your Sony Xperia XZ3.
- Remove custom recovery like TWRP and CWM, if installed, on your Sony Xperia XZ3.
To perform any of the above, simply install the firmware meant for your device, as per its model no. in Settings > About device.
Need help? Let us know if you need any help regarding this via comments below.