As the name insists Sony Xperia Z1 compact is the smaller variant of Xperia Z1 released in 2014. We all know that popular Z series made huge changes plus experiences to smartphone fans. Z series phones offered very good cameras in it’s phones which sony made a huge impact in their camera’s too. Below you can find the latest firmware’s for your phone and guides to install rom’s which will help in relock bootloader.
Flashing firmware’s or custom rom’s to sony devices is as easy as updating your device to latest version of android. Also it’s pretty easy to flash rom’s to sony phones compared to other devices. All you need is your phone’s firmware file (.FTF file) and the popular FlashTool. From here you can download the latest firmware for your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact.
If you want to try other custom rom‘s in your device you can download the available roms or recoveries for your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact and flash it using guides provided in this website. Inorder to install any roms other than stock you have to root your phone and then need to flash custom recoveries like CWM (clock work mode) or TWRP on your phone. Usually we flash stock rom’s if something wrong with the software side. So, after firmware flash your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact phone will be in a factory reset condition.
Back to topic
So welcome to the Central place where you can download the latest version of Xperia Z1 Compact firmware for all variants across all regions. We are sharing the firmwares which have fast and uncapped download speeds and I will try to add more stock firmwares once they become available.
Note: If you find any new stock firmwares that you want added to this list please comment below or contact me.
Download links provided below are from third party websites and please note that techbiriyani.com is not hosted any roms in our website, if any of the below links is dead pls inform me.
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Firmware [D5503]
From below, you can download the latest firmware for your phone. Please make sure that you are downloading the correct build for your phone. You can either seek help from us or from google.
Check your device model number from [symple_highlight color=”yellow”] Settings > About device [/symple_highlight], then download the specific firmware for your device.
One saddest fact is Sony has not yet provided the stock Marshmallow firmware for Xperia Z1 compact devices, it seems like they have discontinued the support for future updates for this phone. Anyway Change.org have filed a petition to sony about device update, hope sony will provide updates soon if any.
Android 4.3 JellyBean for Xperia Z1 Compact [D5503]
- Download Android 4.3 Stock D5503_14.2.A.1.114_CE.ftf [Google Drive]
Android 5.1 Lollipop for Xperia Z1 Compact [D5503]
- Download Android 5.1 Stock D5503_Customized US_14.6.A.0.368.ftf [androidfilehost]
- Download Android 5.1 Stock D5503_Customized CE1_14.6.A.0.368.ftf [androidfilehost]
- Download Android 5.1 Stock D5503_14.6.A.1.236_UA.ftf [Mega]
- Download Android 5.1 Stock D5503_14.6.A.1.236_UA.ftf [One Drive]
How to Install Firmware file
- Firmware file for your device (.FTF)
- USB cable
Flashing Guide[symple_box color=”gray” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””] Make sure to Enable “USB debugging” and “Unknown sources” on your Sony Xperia device, click here for help [/symple_box]
- Download and install the Flashtool package from official website.
- Now go to your installed directory (usually – ‘C:\Flashtool\drivers’) and install Flashtool drivers
- Tick the “Flashmode Drivers” and “Fastboot Drivers” to install (see below image)
Note: To install the Flashtool drivers for Windows 8/8.1/10, please click here.
- Here we finished installing Flashtool now Open It.
- Click on the lightning bolt in the top left of Flashtool as highlighted below.
Select, ‘Flashmode’ and click OK
You should already be in the source folder where the FTF firmware files are located. If not, navigate to: “C:\Users\[Your PC Name]\.flashTool\firmwares” If you still not able to find the path check this too, “C:\Flashtool\firmwares\” now you should get it.
Select the firmware build version that you want to flash from the “Firmware” pane. Ensure the device variant is the same as the model number of your Sony Xperia device.
‘A clean install is the way to go‘
So tick all options under the “Wipe” pane. This will wipe all of your data though including your photos and videos, so please ensure you have these backed up somewhere else.
Leave all others unchanged
Click on “Flash“. Flashtool will then indicate that it is “preparing files for flashing”.
Sometimes, you may have to wait around 60 seconds for the pop-up below to appear. Once it does, make sure that the device is powered off and then hold the ‘volume down’ button and connect the usb cable. Once the pop-up disappears and flashing has started, you can let go of the ‘volume down’ button.
Flashtool will then start flashing your Xperia device.
Once you see “Flashing finished” as indicated below, your Sony Xperia has been successfully flashed.
Hurray 🙂 you have just installed stock firmware! Now disconnect your Xperia device and power on the handset.
It will take some time for the first boot so, don’t worry if it takes a while, this is to be expected.
You can use the firmware for variety of purposes, which includes:
- Fix your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact if it’s giving you force closes errors and restarts randomly.
- Unbrick your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact if it’s bootlooping and stuck at logo when restarting.
- Go Back to Stock on your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact — helps when looking to sell the device, or fix installing OTA updates if broken.
- Restore Sony Xperia Z1 Compact to factory state i.e original state when you bought.
- Upgrade your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact to newer Android version.
- Downgrade your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact to lower build no. at same Android version.
- Unroot your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact.
- Remove custom recovery like TWRP and CWM, if installed, on your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact.
To perform any of the above, simply install the firmware meant for your device, as per its model no. in Settings > About device.
Need help? Let us know if you need any help regarding this via comments below.
Other Popular Stories
- Samsung Galaxy On5 Pro Firmware Download
- Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017) Firmware Download [Stock Official]
- Samsung Galaxy On8 Firmware [SM-J710FN/DF]
- Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 Firmware Download [Stock]
- Samsung Galaxy A5 Firmware (2017) Download [SM-A520F]
Tags – Xperia Z1 Compact Firmware, Xperia Z1 Compact Firmware Download Links, Xperia Z1 Compact Download, Xperia Z1 Compact Stock ROM Download, Xperia Z1 Compact Firmware Download, Xperia Z1 Compact USB Drivers, Xperia Z1 Compact Firmware Full, Xperia Z1 Compact Firmware Official, Xperia Z1 Compact Firmware Flashtool, Install Stock ROM in Xperia Z1 Compact, Xperia Z1 Compact Flashtool