Sony Xperia Z1s is one of the High-End devices of Sony and this phone is launched in January 2014. The phone comes with a 5.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels at a PPI of 441 pixels per inch. Xperia Z1s is powered with Snapdragon 800 coupled with 2 GB of ram and 2.2 GHz clock speed processor. The Sony Xperia Z1S runs Android 4.3 and is powered by a 3000mAh non-removable battery.
Unlike Xperia Z1 and Z1 Compact, there are not enough custom ROMs available for Xperia Z1s. We don’t know why developers are not making any good custom ROMs for Z1s even though it is more good in specs than Z1. However, in this post, we are sharing Stock ROM / Firmware for Sony Xperia Z1s C6919. We will update the article if we found any custom ROMs for this phone.
Flashing firmware’s or custom ROM’s to Sony devices is as easy as updating your device to the latest version of Android. Also, it’s pretty easy to flash ROM to Sony phones compared to other devices. All you need is your phone’s firmware file (.FTF file) and the popular FlashTool. From here you can download the latest firmware for your Sony Xperia Z1s.
- Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact Firmware SO-05K
- Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium Firmware [SOV38, H8116, H8166, 702SO]
- Sony Xperia XZ2 Firmware [SOV37, SO03K]
- Xiaomi Mi A2 Firmware [STOCK] [Mi 6X]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Firmware
If you want to try another custom ROM’s in your device you can download the available ROM or recoveries for your Sony Xperia Z1s and flash it using guides provided in this website. In order to install any ROM other than stock, you have to root your phone and then need to flash custom recoveries like CWM (clockwork mode) or TWRP on your phone. Usually, we flash stock ROM if something wrong with the software side. So, after firmware flashes your Sony Xperia Z1s phone will be in a factory reset condition.
Back to topic
So welcome to the Central place where you can download the latest version of Xperia Z1s firmware for all variants across all regions. We are sharing the firmware which has fast and uncapped download speeds and I will try to add more stock firmware once they become available.
Note: If you find any new stock firmware that you want to be added to this list please comment below or contact me.
Download links provided below are from third-party websites and please note that techbiriyani.com is not hosted any ROM in our website if any of the below links is dead pls inform me.
Sony Xperia Z1s Firmware [C6916]
From below, you can download the latest firmware for your phone. Please make sure that you are downloading the correct build for your phone. You can either seek help from us or from google.
Check your device model number from Settings > About phone, then download the specific firmware for your device.
Sony XPERIA Z1S is equivalent XPERIA Z1 for T-Mobile USA. This phone has large full HD Triluminos display, powerfull quadcore CPU from Qualcomm, 2 GB RAM or 20,7-megapixel camera. Below you can find the latest firmware for the phone and also firmware flashing guides.
Android 5.0.2 Lollipop for Xperia Z1s [C6916]
Model – C6916 | Android Version – 5.0.2 | Region – USA
OLDER VERSIONS (However, you can update to the latest version through OTA software upgrade)
Android 4.4 Kitkat for Xperia Z1s [C6916]
How to Install Firmware file
- Firmware file for your device (.FTF)
- USB cable
Make sure to Enable “USB debugging” and “Unknown sources” on your Sony Xperia device, click here for help.
- Download and install the Flashtool package from official website.
- Now go to your installed directory (usually – ‘C:\Flashtool\drivers’) and install Flashtool drivers
- Tick the “Flashmode Drivers” and “Fastboot Drivers” to install (see below image)
Note: To install the Flashtool drivers for Windows 8/8.1/10, please click here.
- Here we finished installing Flashtool now Open It.
- Click on the lightning bolt in the top left of Flashtool as highlighted below.
Select, ‘Flashmode’ and click OK
You should already be in the source folder where the FTF firmware files are located. If not, navigate to: “C:\Users\[Your PC Name]\.flashTool\firmwares” If you still not able to find the path check this too, “C:\Flashtool\firmwares\” now you should get it.
Select the firmware build version that you want to flash from the “Firmware” pane. Ensure the device variant is the same as the model number of your Sony Xperia device.
‘A clean install is the way to go‘
So tick all options under the “Wipe” pane. This will wipe all of your data though including your photos and videos, so please ensure you have these backed up somewhere else.
Leave all others unchanged
Click on “Flash“. Flashtool will then indicate that it is “preparing files for flashing”.
Sometimes, you may have to wait around 60 seconds for the pop-up below to appear. Once it does, make sure that the device is powered off and then hold the ‘volume down’ button and connect the usb cable. Once the pop-up disappears and flashing has started, you can let go of the ‘volume down’ button.
Flashtool will then start flashing your Xperia device.
Once you see “Flashing finished” as indicated below, your Sony Xperia has been successfully flashed.
Hurray 🙂 you have just installed stock firmware! Now disconnect your Xperia device and power on the handset.
It will take some time for the first boot so, don’t worry if it takes a while, this is to be expected.
You can use the firmware for variety of purposes, which includes:
- Fix your Sony Xperia Z1s if it’s giving you force closes errors and restarts randomly.
- Unbrick your Sony Xperia Z1s if it’s bootlooping and stuck at logo when restarting.
- Go Back to Stock on your Sony Xperia Z1s — helps when looking to sell the device, or fix installing OTA updates if broken.
- Restore Sony Xperia Z1s to factory state i.e original state when you bought.
- Upgrade your Sony Xperia Z1s to newer Android version.
- Downgrade your Sony Xperia Z1s to lower build no. at same Android version.
- Unroot your Sony Xperia Z1s.
- Remove custom recovery like TWRP and CWM, if installed, on your Sony Xperia Z1s.
To perform any of the above, simply install the firmware meant for your device, as per its model no. in Settings > About device.
Need help? Let us know if you need any help regarding this via comments below.
Other Popular Stories
- How to Enable USB Debugging in your phone
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime Firmware [SM-G610F]
- Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Firmware D5503
- Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 Firmware Download [Stock]
- Samsung Galaxy A5 Firmware (2017) Download [SM-A520F]
Tags – Xperia Z1s Firmware, Xperia Z1s Firmware Download Links, Xperia Z1s Download, Xperia Z1s Stock ROM Download, Xperia Z1s Firmware Download, Xperia Z1s USB Drivers, Xperia Z1s Firmware Full, Xperia Z1s Firmware Official, Xperia Z1s Firmware Flashtool, Install Stock ROM in Xperia Z1s, Xperia Z1s Flashtool, Xperia Z1s Firmware Flashtool, Xperia Z1s Firmware ROM