Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Exynos variants. Galaxy S8 devices come with two processors the Snapdragon 835, or the Exynos 8895. So much has been said and heard about the device already, and it only began shipping a few days ago. It almost seems like it has been a while. Even more so, when considering the fact that the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ can now successfully be rooted and equipped with TWRP recovery. Thanks to from jesec from XDA for coming up with a root method that really works.
Also read :-
- Sony Xperia C4 Dual Firmware E5333, E5343, E5363 (Dual SIM)
- Sony Xperia C4 Firmware E5303, E5306, E5353 (Single SIM)
- Sony Xperia Z3+ Firmware E6553
Due to some copyright infringement issues, Samsung is forced to launch their devices in the US with a Qualcomm chip. For the rest of the world though, all galaxy s8 devices s powered by companies popular Exynos chipset. It should be obvious then that the Exynos variants are more popular and thus have a slightly better developer support. We’re mentioning this because the rooting method currently available only works for the Exynos variants of the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
TWRP 3.1.1 is the most recent version of available for Galaxy S8/S8+. If you want to root Galaxy S8/S8+ Exynos variant or want to try some custom ROMs, then you need to install a custom recovery on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Exynos variants first. You can also check for twrp recovery for Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus Snapdragon variants. Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Snapdragon variants from below.
- How to Backup and Restore Xiaomi Phones [Guide]
- How to Download and Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers in Windows
- How to Unlock Your Phone’s Bootloader [Android]
- How to Flash the TWRP Recovery to Android Device
- Samsung Firmware Country Codes
- This method only works on Unlocked Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Exynos variants.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device.
- Take a complete backup of your phone for safer side and then proceed.
Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown.
List of devices support
Samsung Galaxy S8
SM-G950F, SM-G950FD, SM-G950N, SM-G950X
Samsung Galaxy S8+
SM-G955F, SM-G955FD, SM-G955X, SM-G955N
Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Exynos variant
- Download TWRP for Galaxy S8 Exynos Variant – Download
- Download TWRP for Galaxy S8+ Exynos Variant – Download
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Exynos variants
Please note that this will only work on Unlocked Exynos variants of Galaxy S8/S8+. So follow below process to Install TWRP and Root Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Exynos variants. The method to install TWRP on Exynos and Qualcomm variant is same just download the right TWRP.How to Install TWRP recovery on Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus Exynos Variants