Xiaomi propelled the first successor of Android One phone, Xiaomi Mi A2. Today we have their new software update. Truly, the update brings July 2018 Security fix dependent on Android 8.1 Oreo. The month to a
- How to Fix Huawei P10 SIM card issue (SIM Card doesn’t Recognize) – Solved
- How to make a Nandroid backup of your Android phone [GUIDE]
- Magisk Manager for Android phones [Download Latest Version]
Xiaomi Mi A2 highlights a delightful presentation of 5.84 inches with a beautiful notch. The display resolution is 1080×2280 pixels. Mi A2 is powered by Snapdragon 625 chipset and can be purchased with different configurations of 3GB or 4GB RAM alternatives. Essentially, you are allowed to pick the 32GB or 64GB locally available capacity alternative other than the way that it has a devoted microSD card space. The gadget left the container with Android 8.1 Oreo and supported by a 3000 mAh battery.
The OTA is as of now moving by means of OTA (over the air) for users running Stable Android version. Since a large portion of the users
As we said, the update contains 467MB in size, you can find a good Wi-Fi network to download this OTA update. It will save your carrier data charges. Also, try to have around 70 % of the battery charge on your device so as the update installation does not hamper.
Those who are not getting the OTA updates can make use of the ROM. We also have mentioned the firmware flashing process in detail below.
Download V126.96.36.199.ODIMIFE Firmware for Mi A2 [July 2018 patch]
Steps to Install V188.8.131.52.ODIMIFE Update:
Before getting ahead to the steps to flashing the firmware manually, follow these points mentioned below first.
- This tutorial is to Install OTA firmware Manually on Xiaomi Mi A2 only. Don’t try this on other devices.
- Your device must be charged at least 70% battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- You need a Bootloader Unlocked device.
- Your device should be running stock Firmware and not any Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to be on the safe side in case if something goes wrong.
- TechBiriyani cannot
heldany responsibility for bricking of any device due to these update installation.
- Download and install ADB and
fastbooton your system.
- Install Mi A2 device drivers.
Instructions to Install:
if you downloaded TWRP flashable zip, then follow this,
- First of all, Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A2.
- Now install the TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2 device.
- Download the TWRP Flashable ROM from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Perform a Factory Reset (Optional) by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
If you choose to flash the fastboot firmware then,
- You have to download the fastboot firmware zip file.
- Extract the .bat extension file from the ROM zip file.
- Make sure you’ve ADB and fastboot installed(link is given above for fastboot ADB)
- Now enter the device into Fastboot mode by pressing Power + Vol Down Button at a time.
- Then connect the device to the PC/Laptop
- In the fastboot, select the ROM file with .bat extension.
- Flash the ROM file
- That’s it you have now updated to the latest July 2018 firmware
Apart from this, you can also flash the firmware using the Mi Flash tool. Follow the guide on the link given below for how to flash using Mi Flash tool.